Illegal Bulk Data e...

Notifications
Clear all

Illegal Bulk Data error syncing with Motif XS Editor

20 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Bad Mister

No, the Motif screen displays this data when it receives bulk data that it cannot read. It is not that it is not working, it is working. It retrieves that message when a Bulk Data file reaches its MIDI In that it cannot deal with, that simple.

So we need to figure out why this is happening.

What you are telling me is that you can successfully "RECEIVE" a DATA SYNC using the Bulk option from the Motif XS, but when you try to send it back using the SETUP screen, it says "Illegal Bulk Data" - do I have the correct?

Posted : 15/03/2017 2:28 pm
Topic starter

Dear Bad Mister,

Absolutely correct. The Bulk DATA SYNC transfer works (in either direction), but I cannot send data from the computer to the Motif from the SETUP screen.

Best,

Joe

Posted : 16/03/2017 7:02 pm
Topic starter

Dear Bad Mister,

Just checking in to see if there is anything you might need or anything I can do to help find a solution. Thanks for your help.

Best,

Joe

Posted : 30/03/2017 7:52 pm
Bad Mister

Sorry, I apologize, I lost track of this thread.... I'm back with you now.

Absolutely correct. The Bulk DATA SYNC transfer works (in either direction), but I cannot send data from the computer to the Motif from the SETUP screen.

There are either facts not in evidence, or you have a ghost in your cables.

It makes no sense that you can Bulk Transmit and Receive from the Data Sync window, and not be able to bring the Editor ONLINE. We have a head scratcher, or an item we overlooked. Perhaps you are expecting something to happen that already has happened. We are looking for the ONLINE status on the main Editor screen.

Here is what is supposed to happen.
Once you execute the Bulk > Data Sync, the Editor should automatically be ready to come "ONLINE"
The route goes like this:
Go to "Bulk" > "Data Sync"
Select "Receive"
Mark "Current"
Click OK

The Editor should Receive the current XS setup.
On the main Editor screen, click on the word "OFFLINE"
The XS should automatically come "Online"

If it does not, please take a screenshot of what you see.

Posted : 30/03/2017 10:57 pm
Bad Mister

Bump!

Posted : 03/04/2017 9:38 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us