Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

вопрос про User Arp

8 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Здравствуйте Мистер!!!Скажите пожалуйста , почему когда записываю User Arp элементарно не записываются ноты с Velocity,или я что то упустил, заранее благодарю

Posted : 22/06/2021 5:02 am
Bad Mister

Google Translate:

Hello Mister !!! Please tell me why when I write User Arp, notes with Velocity are simply not recorded, or I missed something, thank you in advance

More information on your particular methodology is required. But I can guess at what may have happened...

Obviously, Arpeggio can have Velocity - just listen to hundreds of Factory Arpeggios.
User Arps can also use Velocity.

For an Arp to playback with Velocity a few things must be true:
_ the original MIDI data used to create the Arp must have velocity involved in the phrase
_ the select Part used to respond to the Arp Phrase must be able to respond to velocity input (for example, many synth basses and organ sounds do not respond to velocity because they are emulations of instruments that are not touch sensitive — and therefore do not get louder and softer with note-on velocity.

A common mistake made by users trying to create their own Arp Phrases is the following...
Arp Rule: Only 16 unique Notes can be used to create an Arp Phrase. If you use more than this limit, the additional notes will be ignored (not sound).

Only 16 unique Notes.
Only 16 unique Notes.

What is a “unique Note”?
This is where people mess up. Because musicians do not count Notes in this manner - it is a source of misunderstanding.
It does not mean just 16 notes... it means only 16 different MIDI Note numbers can appear in an Arp Phrase.

To explain “unique Note” let’s discuss a Drum Arpeggio. Because each Note in a Drum Kit is a different (unique) instrument.
16 unique Notes would mean only 16 different Drums could be used.
The drummer can only have a 16-piece drum Kit!!!

C1 = Bass Drum MIDI Note #36
D1 = Snare Drum MIDI Note #38
F#1 = Hihat closed MIDI Note #42
A#1 = Hihat open MIDI Note #46
etc. etc.

Each is a unique Note, identified with a MIDI Note number.
You can hit the Bass Drum (C1) a hundred times, you can hit the snare drum 200 times, you can hit any of your 16 selected instruments (Notes) over and over... that is not the limit... the limit is 16 unique Note numbers can be involved.

So your drum Arp might contain hundreds and hundreds of hits, but the Arp Phrase must be limited to just 16 different Note numbers.
Picture a drummer with just 16 items that can be hit
It does not mean the number of notes (as in quantity alone).

An Arp will not leave out notes because of Velocity
If note are missing it is because you may have exceeded the limit of unique Note numbers

Example: if you were to try to create a User Arp by recording a scale say C Major
Say you played it up the scale from C1 for several octaves... then tried to convert this to an Arp...

Only the first 16 notes would translate... the others would be ignored.

Posted : 22/06/2021 12:10 pm
Topic starter

Здравствуйте Мистер !!!Спасибо за ответ!!! Про 16 уникальных нот я знаю , с самого начала ....Для меня User Arp очень важная и актуальная тема, потому что 10 000 Arp это круто, но мне очень часто нужны специфические Arp,во первых меня интересует вопрос , почему только вот эти пресловутые 16 нот , а не минимум 64 нот ???Во вторых куда и к кому можно обращаться, чтобы при следующим обновление Modx,расширили возможности User Arp, заранее спасибо

Posted : 23/06/2021 2:05 am
Bad Mister

Google Translate:

Hello Mister !!! Thanks for the answer !!! I know about 16 unique notes from the very beginning .... For me, User Arp is a very important and relevant topic, because 10,000 Arp is cool, but I often need specific Arp, first of all I am interested in the question, why only these the notorious 16 notes, and not at least 64 notes ??? Secondly, where and to whom you can contact, so that the next update of Modx, expand the capabilities of User Arp, thanks in advance

When you say Velocity is not recorded - please explain more in detail.
What type of Arp are you recording? Drum Arp (fixed note)? Org Note?
To what Performance are you applying your User Arp?

The 16 unique notes has to do with how the chord intelligence feature functions. This is what separates it from a regular sequence, it is able to intelligently adjust to the chord type.

Posted : 23/06/2021 4:39 am
Topic starter

Здравствуйте Мистер!!!Извините что отнял у Вас время и большое спасибо что откликнулись!!!Все разобрался я с User Arp полностью...все он записывает и контроллеры и Velocity .Сейчас просто работаю над созданием своих Arp.Сначала вроде бы ,все правильно делал ,но у меня создание своего Arp не получалось..а потом как то сам Modx подстроился под мои требования . Мистика !!!!

Posted : 24/06/2021 2:34 am
Topic starter

Еще !!!А можно по подробнее рассказать как устроено или построено распознавание аккордов в MODX ? в качестве основы что используется ??? я на синтезаторов с автоаккомпанементом знаю , хотелось и на модх узнать , а то что то не могу найти информацию...

Posted : 24/06/2021 5:17 am
Topic starter

Хотел еще раз уточнить по поводу 16 нот?! Значит получается ТАК! Если я к примеру хочу сделать User Arp на 8 тактов и использовать тембр ритм гитары который будет состоять из аккордов Ам -Dm-G-C-F, получается что у меня в User будут очень много повторяющихся нот ,НО, ноты всего лишь 7(до ре ми фа сол ля си)в пределах одной октавы, исходя что Вы выше написали , значит я без проблем смогу создать нормальный гитарный риф! и ноты не будут проигнорированы , потому что у меня задействованы всего лишь 7нот , и в запасе у меня остаются 9 нот .Я Вас правильно понял???

Posted : 24/06/2021 5:33 am
Bad Mister

Google Translate

Hello Mister !!! Sorry for wasting your time and thank you very much for responding !!! I figured out everything with User Arp completely ... he writes everything and controllers and Velocity. Now I'm just working on creating my Arp. At first, it seems, everything I did it right, but I couldn't create my own Arp .. and then somehow Modx himself adjusted to my requirements. Mystic !!!!

Google Translate

And can you tell in more detail how the chord recognition is arranged or built in MODX? what is used as a basis ??? I know about synthesizers with auto accompaniment, I wanted to find out on mods, but I can't find information...

Google Translate

I wanted to clarify again about 16 notes ?! So it turns out SO! If, for example, I want to make a User Arp for 8 measures and use a rhythm guitar tone that will consist of Am-Dm-GCF chords, it turns out that I will have a lot of repeated notes in User, BUT, only 7 notes (before rem sol la si) within one octave, based on what you wrote above, so I can create a normal guitar riff without any problems! and the notes will not be ignored, because I have only 7 notes involved, and I still have 9 notes left. Did I understand you correctly???

When you play through the Factory Arpeggios, please make notice that they do NOT contain chord progressions. In order to be musically useful to others you might create an Arp Phrase that is all in one chord quality.

Say you recorded a rhythm guitar playing C Major 7 (only)
When someone selects that Arp Phrase they can play any song that they want. Any song that they want. This is why most of the musical Arp Phrases are over just one chord change.

As soon as you record a progression, you lock the usefulness of using that Arp to create your own chord progressions (which is the purpose of an Arpeggio). If you want to play a specific chord progression why not just use the Sequencer - it plays exactly what you want.

If the rhythm guitar Arp phrase is just one major7 chord, I can play “Girl From Ipanema” because if I create the phrase playing a rhythm with C Major7

When I voice F Major 7 - the Arp will adjust all notes up a Fourth
When I voice G7 - the Arp Phrase will raise the entire chord a 5th but flat the 7
When I need Gmin7 - the Arp Phrase will raise the entire chord a 5th but flat the 3rd and flat the 7

If you include chord changes in your original Arp Phrase, it greatly restricts HOW it can be used. You will see.
If you need a specific chord progression don’t use the Arpeggio maker, use the Sequencer - that is what it is for.
Arps are so the player can construct the chord progressions on the fly.

That said... you can do anything you want... but it doesn’t change the rules.
Study at least 25 Factory Arpeggio Phrases — I’m not saying you couldn’t put Am-Dm in an Arp Phrase, but what if I want four measures of Am and two measures of Dm... if you created the progression in the Arp, I cannot use it as I want.

Because the factory arpeggio phrases are designed for the player to create the progressions they are mostly all based on a single tonal center. Just FYI.

Links:
Arpeggio Making 101 — Part 1

Arpeggio Making 101 — Part 2

The 4 Tracks of Arpeggio Making

Posted : 24/06/2021 11:36 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us