Arps and scenes

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 dave
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Hi

I have a scene where I have an arp assigned to a bass part.

In the next scene I want to turn off the arp and play the bass line manually.

If I turn off the arp in the second scene and save the scene, it appears that the arp also turns off in the first scene?

I thought I'd read about this issue before however I can't seem to find anything about it at the moment.

Do I have to create two separate parts (using the same bass voice) to achieve this?

Posted : 04/05/2020 10:18 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

You say you are turning ARP off in a scene. Are you completely sure what you're doing is actually part of the scene? Because scene memory has a limited number of settings that are memorized. Scenes do NOT save a snapshot of everything. There's a short list of items that are saved so it's very possible you are changing something that is NOT memorized by the scene - which is why you would see that changing the scene does not change this parameter. It's a change made outside of scenes - so it "sticks" even if you change scenes.

With respect to ARPs ON/OFF - scenes can memorize the Arpeggio Master ON/OFF switch. Scenes do not memorize PART arpeggio on/off - so if you're changing PART level arpeggio on/off (and not the master ARP on/off) - then this explains what you're seeing.

If you ARE changing Arpeggio Master ON/OFF and notice that it does not toggle on/off depending on the scene buttons - then what could be happening is that you have the "Arp" memory switch turned OFF for the scenes you are [SHIFT] saving. If this is the case, look at the Scene menu and look across the row labeled on the left side as "Memory". To the right, you'll see "OFF" grey buttons or "ON" green buttons. The first ON/OFF switch is the "Arp" category. That's the one you'll need as ON in order to memorize the Arpeggio Master state within a scene button. Each scene button can have the memory switches ON or OFF - so be sure to press each scene button you're interested in and check to see if the "Arp" memory switch is ON. Again - all of this is only if your goal is to memorize the Arpeggio Master ON/OFF setting.

If you're trying to memorize PART level ARP ON/OFF - scenes isn't your tool for that.

I'll leave it there to see which fork in the road you're trying to take.

Posted : 04/05/2020 8:22 pm
 dave
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Hi Jason,

Yes - I want to have the part with ARP on in one scene, and then with ARP off (so I can play manually) in the next scene, but from what you are saying, this is not possible?

I want the ARP master to remain on as I want the rhythm track to continue through both scenes.

Posted : 08/05/2020 8:57 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us