Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Can I load just one performance (not the whole library) on to my usb stick from MODX

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Let’s say I have a performance with 5 sounds on my MODX . Can I load just that performance (not the whole library) on to my usb stick and send it through email to a friend?
I’m not figuring out how to load just one performance on to the usb stick. The whole library loads. Thanks in advance

Posted : 30/04/2020 5:08 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

You can't do that directly using MODX.

A few choices:

1) If the Performance doesn't use any custom material (no user curves, no user microtuning, no user Waveforms/samples) then you could save single Performances as X8B files using MODX Connect and share those.

2) Same constraint as above (no user material) - if you're OK with sharing to the world then you can use Soundmondo. Although Soundmondo has a provision for not sharing to the world ("private" ) - I'm not aware that you can just send private Performances to someone else. Maybe you can. I don't use it that much.

3) You can use MODX to save a new library with only the one Performance you want to share. Using this method - you can have custom Waveforms/samples, custom user curves, etc (unlike #1, #2). First, with anything you do when saving things and manipulating your user area - make sure you save a copy of your user area first (save an X8U). Or maybe even backup your entire keyboard first (X8A). If you don't care about losing your user area - then don't save or backup.

After saving/backing-up or being OK with losing anything in the user area - clear out your user area.

[UTILITY] > "Settings" > "System" > select "Initialize User Data"

If your library with the more-than-one Performance isn't loaded already - load that library into MODX.

Now IMPORT the one Performance you want into the user area.

[UTILITY] > "Contents" > "Library Import"

This will transfer any Performance(s) you select into the user area and will also transfer over any other required dependencies (waveforms, curves, etc)

Last, save the user area as a library file. It will only have the Performance(s) you selected in the X8L file you create.

4) You can purchase software (JMTools) and use a PC to slice-and-dice library files offline.

Posted : 01/05/2020 5:46 pm
Topic starter

Thank you so much, Jason. I will try this!

Posted : 08/05/2020 4:43 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us