Notifications
Clear all

Can you save/export a completed song as a .wav

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Erik
Topic starter

Hello, I'm new to my MODX and I have completed a few songs and wanted to know if there was a quick way to get them saved or a copy of them saved as a .wav on the USB stick? I see them as songs and I can play them back as I want them as I have set the Chains. I tried to open save audio and do it through there but I can't get it to playback while I'm in record mode.

Also side note, I read in one of the posts to try setting "Scaling Pan" to get the high and low keys from a piano to come out of the left or right speakers. Where is this located? I see the Pan and it just has a letter C with no drop down options (CFX Concert) and there is an Elemental Pan that is just on/off.

Thank you

Posted : 29/04/2020 3:53 pm
Blake Angelos
Member Admin

Hello,

If you recorded a song in the MIDI recorder or the Pattern recorder and want to render that as audio you have to play it into a DAW or an iOS device via USB, or connect to a recorder via audio output. The reason why is the MIDI, Audio and Pattern features are all a part of the Performance recorder and each is a separate way to record. If you have record in the Pattern Recorder you have to record into something like Cubase AI (which you get as a free download since you have a MODX). What you can do is simply record a stereo file directly, but you could also route individual tracks to separate audio channels and mix each audio track individually (which is pretty cool). Or if you have an iOS device you could connect to that using USB and a Lighting to USB cable and record audio into an iOS app or your choice.

Side note: Element Pan is located under Edit/PartX (where X is the Part you are editing/Amplitude/ Level/Pan. Realize that elements are also velocity limited for each level of expressiveness so you'll have to be aware of panning at each level to get this to work the way you want. Something like CFX Concert is 4 parts and a total of 18 elements..The last part is JUST key off, Part 3 is just the high part above G that has not dampers on a grand piano and Parts 1 and 2 are the soft and hard levels. Realize that these elements are already panned so it wont take much to widen the stereo field.

You MIGHT want to try the Stereophonic Optimizer Insertion Effect Under the Misc Category. That might give you the spread you are looking for w/o having to try element Pan.

Posted : 06/05/2020 1:30 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us