Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Creating a performance from .wav files

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hey guys. Let me preface my question that I’m an idiot so please go easy on me. I have approximately 10 wav files that are short singing verses. I have a sample of an instrument that I would like to play on the lower register while triggering the .wavs in the upper register to “sing along”. I basically want to create a performance with these samples, but don’t know how to do it. I’ve researched YouTube and watched videos, but I can’t find anything soul to bits on how to do this with .wav files. I’ve been able to load the files into USER1, but I can only highlight and play each .wav individually. When I try to create a performance, I try to select a sound and the user1 wavs I’ve loaded are not showing up. Please help!!! It’s driving me nuts!!!

Also, the instrument sample .wav file I have is only in 1 key. Can I load that and give it a range say 2 octaves on the lower register and it will play in different notes, or do I have to have a .wav for each note?

Thanks for your help!

Posted : 14/08/2020 5:35 pm
Bad Mister

You have to determine if your 10 .wav files would be good candidates to be converted into MODX Waveforms.

Not knowing exactly what “short singing verses” means, I cannot tell you. But in general, the .wav data that the MODX uses to create its Waveforms are “cued” to begin playback in response to a MIDI Note-On. That means, the sound begins at Key On and continues while the Key is held.

Your .wav data cannot be edited further in the MODX, you must prepare the .wav prior to loading it to the MODX. The MODX will frame it with its own parameters — but you cannot make changes to the audio length (trim), start/end points, loop points, etc.(all of that editing must be done prior to loading it to the MODX.

The parameters that the MODX adds to the data you load, include which Key will trigger the original audio’s correct pitch, what range of keys will cause it to sound, you can determine how loud it plays in response to how fast a Key is struck, how the loudness changes as time moves forward, etc., etc. A MODX Waveform is a .wav that has been converted into a “musical entity”.

Without knowing you’re vision for how you want to access your .wav data it’s hard (impossible) to begin telling you specifically what to do.

Posted : 16/08/2020 1:09 am

Hello!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt0Ou7ZPJIM

Posted : 17/08/2020 7:26 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us