Notifications
Clear all

How to Change Part Via SysEx

19 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Jason
Illustrious Member

Changing the Zone MSB/LSB/PC doesn't change the entire Part contents with another single-Part.

Posted : 29/08/2021 6:35 am

I see, you are right. I have seen many Yamaha MIDI Implementations, some were OK, some with many mistakes or missing commands, and MODX/Montage is not the best one concerning good description of different blocks. Not everything is clear on the first sight.

So it looks like address 31 5p 00~10 is for Zone parameters. Then there's no possibility to select part program in performance by SysEx.

Posted : 29/08/2021 12:48 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Using MSB/LSB/PC for Single-Part does the job with 3 MIDI commands - make sure to set the MIDI channel number for these 3 commands to match the Part's receive channel while also using multi-channel MIDI mode. This is a case where the lack of flexibility in setting the input MIDI channel helps the clarity in my documentation here. There isn't flexibility - so there's only one MIDI receive channel that is ever assigned to each Part while in multi-channel mode.

After using MSB/LSB/PC what happens as a result is that all of the parameters in the Part change to the settings that match some other Part saved in memory. You CAN achieve the same end result as the MSB/LSB/PC messages would accomplish by writing ALL of the parameters through SysEx to match what the MSB/LSB/PC change would otherwise make. This involves more complete bulk transfers than I've seen suggested in this thread so far. You need to restore the entire Part - not just "part" of it. It's a lot of data and a lot of transfers. If you do not have a compelling reason to avoid MSB/LSB/PC then I wouldn't choose this route. I do know of a couple of cases where MSB/LSB/PC would not work or would otherwise have undesirable side effects. So it's not like there isn't any reason to do this. But to do this properly is so "labor intensive" - one should not pick this route arbitrarily without first establishing that MSB/LSB/PC would absolutely not work.

Posted : 29/08/2021 5:51 pm

Hello AB!

I use a Yamaha CPS-170 with midis and I work with MixMaster very succesfull.
Show on my WebPage for further details. www.weha.click
The page is in german, MixMaster is in english.
I think bouth will help you!

Best regards
Harald

Posted : 07/12/2021 3:26 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us