Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

How to make A/D In Bypass Master FX and Master EQ but Not Other Parts?

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Bassam
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hello!

Today, for the first time, I noticed that changing Performances impacts the volume and effects on the A/D In. I was playing styles from the PSR and Sounds from the MODX.

I want the A/D In to be 100% Dry to the Main L/R, but at the same time keep the Master FX and Master EQ play their role on the other Parts of the Performance I'm playing. How to do that?
In other words, I want to use the MODX as a simple FX Free mixer between its internal tones and the A/D In.

I looked a bit in the manual and menus, and the only thing I found is Global A/D in Utility/Effects Switch, which maintains the volume, but also disables the Master FX and EW from the sounds I am playing.
Also, the Var and Rev Sends on A/D In are 0.

Extra Questions: Changing a Performance while A/D In is playing introduces a very short cut-off in the sound. Is that normal?

Posted : 20/03/2022 1:03 am
Bad Mister

I want the A/D In to be 100% Dry to the Main L/R, but at the same time keep the Master FX and Master EQ play their role on the other Parts of the Performance I'm playing. How to do that?

This is a feature available on the MONTAGE. You would assign the A/D In to its own Outputs (Assignable L/R).

Changing a Performance while A/D In is playing introduces a very short cut-off in the sound. Is that normal?

If you do not want the A/D In settings to change - say you wish to use the microphone while you are looking for the next Performance to play - that is what the Global A/D setting is about.

Global A/D = ON __the A/D In is not disturbed at all when you change Performances
Global A/D = OFF __you get to store on a per Performance basis what the A/D is doing, what Effects are assigned, its Volume, etc., etc., etc.

Posted : 20/03/2022 3:03 am
Bassam
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks Bad Mister!

This is a feature available on the MONTAGE. You would assign the A/D In to its own Outputs (Assignable L/R).

I see!

If you do not want the A/D In settings to change - say you wish to use the microphone while you are looking for the next Performance to play - that is what the Global A/D setting is about.

Got it!

I guess I need to live with the MFX impacting my AD In, or at least know what to play in advance and make sure the Performances I'm playing don't have crazy sound changing MFX. Not a big deal!

Thanks!

Posted : 20/03/2022 3:31 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us