Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Looking for performance - I Can't Go For That (Hall & Oats)

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Patrick
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Hi,

I'm new to the world of MODX and don't have enough knowledge to make performances myself. I am looking for the performance of I Can't Go For That (Hall & Oats)

Is there anyone who made this and want to share it? It can't be found on SoundMondo

Posted : 10/09/2021 5:53 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

To cover most of this - you can use just a Rhodes of your choice even for the synth line (descending 16th note run).

https://youtu.be/8yxoob6aPtk

Notice how this keyboardist splits the synth and Rhodes on the same keyboard - so one board can handle this fine. You could even use the same sound for both if you wanted.

In the 2nd half of the tune some strings are added. Strings are easy to match. Take your pick. Sampled or synth. They end up sounding very similar in a mix.

At the tail end of the song organ is introduced. It's not particularly distinctive. If you want to do that - you can.

That's 3 or 4 sounds. And not strange ones or arpeggiated ones. Stuff you can play with two hands.

[CATEGORY] (search) and use the categories to find electric pianos, strings, and what you want by broad category. It should take no more than an hour even if you're not familiar to run through sounds finding ones you like.

Really, a single Rhodes sound could cover this entire song and still be fine for a gig.

Posted : 10/09/2021 7:59 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us