midifiles to performance

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Igor
Trusted Member
Topic starter

ciao a tutti
vorrei riprendere il discorso dell'utilizzo di pezzi di midifiles scaricati dal web per creare arpeggi e grooves divertenti da giocare. Con qualcuno viene bene; con altri (avrei voluto allegare il file incriminato ma un messaggio dice che il formato non è supportato) non riesco assolutamente a modificare in modo permanente volumi, effetti, velocity, eccetera, perchè anche dopo essere stati salvati, appena cambi scena, ritornano ad essere come in origine (troppo alti di volume, in questo caso). Mi avevate consigliato di togliere tutti gli eventi midi che ogni traccia del midifile originale poteva contenere, e così ho fatto, con un DAW, salvando il nuovo midifile: traccia per traccia ho selezionato gli event list, cancellando ogni elemento tranne le note. Ma non è bastato, perchè appena gli arpeggi vengono richiamati dalle nuove scene, tornano ai volumi originali, anche se li avevo salvati col valore più basso. Anzi, dirò di più: Tutto il MODX va in tilt e sembra sragionare completamente (l'icona verde del controllo tastiera, selezionata e salvata, appare in grigio, ed altri malfunzionamenti ...)
Devo rassegnarmi a lasciar perdere? o c'è un trucco? o è la mia tastiera che non funziona bene? O dipende da midifile a midifile? Ci possono essere dei segnali di volume che non si vedono negli event list?

Posted : 06/02/2022 5:25 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Hi everyone
I would like to go back to the use of pieces of midifiles downloaded from the web to create arpeggios and grooves that are fun to play. With someone it comes well; with others (I would have liked to attach the offending file but a message says that the format is not supported)

ZIP or RAR the MIDI file before attaching.

[quoteI absolutely cannot permanently modify volumes, effects, velocities, etc., because even after being saved, as soon as you change the scene, they return to being as originally (too loud in this case). You advised me to remove all the midi events that each track of the original midi file could contain, and so I did, with a DAW, saving the new midi file: track by track I selected the event lists, deleting every element except the notes. But it was not enough, because as soon as the arpeggios are recalled from the new scenes, they return to the original volumes, even if I had saved them with the lowest value. Indeed, I will say more: The whole MODX goes into tilt and seems to be completely unreasonable (the green icon of the keyboard control, selected and saved, appears in gray, and other malfunctions ...)
Should I resign myself to giving up? or is there a trick? or is it my keyboard not working well? Or does it depend from midifile to midifile? Could there be volume signals that are not seen in the event lists?

Note that velocities can be "removed" by the arpeggio settings since you can have the notes take the velocity of the trigger note rather than from the ARP. However, there may be more going on here why the ARP is misbehaving. Looking at the MIDI file would reveal a lot about the events that may be problematic (including too many notes, CC, etc).

Posted : 06/02/2022 5:37 pm
 Igor
Trusted Member
Topic starter

i left only the notes

Attached files

first circle corretto.rar (39.6 KB) 

Posted : 07/02/2022 12:26 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us