Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Modx 6 update crash and repair

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I had an earlier post about three weeks ago.
It was about downloading the update. And got an NG message that froze my board and after hours of waiting I cut it off and was then unable to start the machine again...i was told that I would have to take it to an authorized yamaha service center, which I did..well here it is 3 weeks later and they call me and say I will have to pay 500+dollars to have it repaired. Saying that they have to replace the motherboard. That it is fried...i don't understand stand how a software update can fry a motherboard i have only had the keyboard for 1.5 years i love it and it has always worked well. I have Roland's and korgs. And never had this kind of issue, I might wear a board out, I was thinking of getting a Montage but have to rethink that now...okay ...i have ranted....not sure whether I feel better or not but does anyone have any helpful ideas.

•  
  • Posted : 19/05/2020 10:11 pm
    Jason
    Illustrious Member

If your keyboard is worse off now than it was before - if diagnostics have somehow been destructive - then that's one thing. Do you know if the unit still operates the same as when you brought it in?

Posted : 19/05/2020 10:33 pm
    Blake Angelos
    Member Admin

Hello,

Sorry you had this experience. Please email synthesizers@yamaha.com. There are questions that need to be answered before we can proceed. Best to do this via email.

Posted : 19/05/2020 10:36 pm
    Topic starter

I'm going to get it tomorrow...i told them I would call them back to tell them whether or not to proceed. But I'm just going to show up and get it...Not sure I trust whats going on..

Posted : 20/05/2020 3:52 am
    Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us