MODX 8 price

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Leon
 Leon
Eminent Member
Topic starter

MODX 8 price is gone down actually is only 100 £ more expensive than MODX 6 and that makes it steal for me only thing which stops me from buying is reports that some of them are having problems with keys so for you owners of MODX 8 can you let me know is that an issue or not.

Posted : 25/12/2018 5:00 pm

I believe there is only one UK web store that has brought the price of MODX8 so low. Definitely, not a market trend.
Regarding the issues with GHS keybed in MODX8, there have been a dozen of complaints so far and while there seems to be some problem emerging, you will not find any official confirmation in this forum.
Considering that this model supposedly sold thousands keyboards so far, the number of keybed complaints is negligible.

Posted : 27/12/2018 5:29 am

the price difference here in the US seems stable at $600. $1299 MODX6, $1499 MODX7, $1899 MODX8. Not seeing anything close to OP's observation. Even the MOXF8 is still at $1699.

I have a MODX7, can't comment on GHS keys. I love the 7 ... perfect size and weight for a gigging synth-first/AP-second all in one keyboard. Its fabulous. now if only I could wrap my head around FM-X lol ...

Posted : 27/12/2018 9:05 pm
Leon
 Leon
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks for the replies I have Montage 6 I just thought to get MODX 8 as a main controler keyboard after I sold my Kronos 6 did not like the keys felt mushy to me so I will be going for MODX 8 and hoping for the best.

Posted : 27/12/2018 10:04 pm
Stefan

That’s exactly the combination I have! Pretty nice...

Posted : 27/12/2018 11:24 pm

have you tried the MODX8 keybed? many like it, some do not. its a very personal thing ... nobody but you can say if you like it. Note Kronos 6 is synth action semi-weighted, MODX7 is GHS (graded hammer - weighted). completely different feel than ANY synth action.

Posted : 31/12/2018 10:42 pm
Leon
 Leon
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I did I am happy with the keys action of MODX8 mind you I am more of synth type player so I don't need the best of the best just good (I had Fatar full keys long time ago ) As for Kronos 2 61 yes I know I was comparing it to Montage 6 and in my opinion is not good as Montage 6 it felt as spongy to me but that is me.

Posted : 02/01/2019 11:18 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us