Notifications
Clear all

MODX6 vs MODX6 Plus keybed

6 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Hi, is the keybed on the MODX6 Plus exactly the same as on MODX6? Also, how is the feel, I hope it's not that stiff since I prefer to play more lightly.

Posted : 18/10/2023 1:36 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

I believe the keybed is the same. Specifications for both have the same description.

Posted : 18/10/2023 1:51 pm
Dragos
Eminent Member

I have a MODX6. The keybed is very light.

Posted : 18/10/2023 3:42 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

This may be a perceived stiffness as MODX has had complaints of being more difficult to get the dynamic range due to how the keyboard relays velocity to the tone generator. With the usual suggestions to adjust velocity curves (global) or even going as far as adjusting at the element level (time consuming) if global settings do not sufficiently help.

That said, we all have a different sense of light and heavy which is informed by whatever keyboard we were last playing or happy with.

Posted : 18/10/2023 6:13 pm
 Axel

My personal experience with MODX6+:

I also prefer to play more slightly, as I have no proper musical education or background from piano playing. I find it really difficult to address the whole velocity range. Without any adaptions I usually play in the range 20 to 70 with „normal“ striking. Only if I really try very hard I’m able to play above say 90.

For this reason I do a lot of velocity adaptions for each Performance, both Offset and Depth parameter, as well as Level/Vel for Elements. Also, globally I set velocity curve from Normal to Soft.

Wonder what other‘s experiences are, but I guess it is a well known problem (see also the video at Scott‘s Synth Stuff YouTube channel: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8VbMzParso8).

Posted : 18/10/2023 6:49 pm
Trusted Member
Topic starter

Thanks guys for your input!

Posted : 21/10/2023 1:43 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us