Clear all

Odd happenings

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 John
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Wondering if anyone has experienced this. I was at a gig playing a performance I created that has 4 parts. Piano, Organ, Synth and Strings.
I have three scenes set up. I was playing on scene two, then had to switch to scene 3, which had a synth sound for a solo. That is where the "happening" happened.
The programed synth part I have on Scene 3 had this weird "echoy" tinny sound not what I had put in there at all. I quickly switched back to scene 1 then back to scene 3 and it was fine.
Just wondering if anyone else has had this happen. It's happened to me on several occasions.
Thanks guys!
Johnny Ack

Posted : 20/01/2023 6:22 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

If I understand your situation correctly:

Switching from scene 2 -> scene 3 causes problems
Switching from scene 1 -> scene 3 is fine

This could mean that:

a) Scene 2 sets something differently that interferes with scene 3's expected setup
b) Scene 3 may have memory turned off for the parameter that needs to be adjusted back to match the Scene 1 setting

Right now, that's my theory. There could be different reasons for this - but to illustrate one made-up example (to help understand why I'm theorizing this):

Scene 1 sets superknob to 0
Scene 2 sets superknob to 64
Scene 3 has superknob scene memory turned off (in other words, it doesn't set superknob)

... and the Scene 3 Part will sound tinny if superknob is at 64 and sounds fine if it is set to 0.

Here, if you go 2->3 then there will be the issue because Scene 2 sets up Scene 3 for the problem. The fix in the above would be to turn on superknob memory for scene 3 and make sure superknob for scene 3 is set to 0.

To really know what's going on with your Performance would require some more digging (details) - but maybe this can get you pointed in the right direction.

Posted : 20/01/2023 7:50 pm
 John
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Jason, Thank you for that info. I'm certain that is what it is. I'll dig into it tonight
Thank you again!

Posted : 20/01/2023 7:54 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us