Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Patterns Full: best way to offload and reuse in future?

6 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Member Admin
Topic starter

Having hit the full count on Patterns, what's the best way to offload them all, so as to free up all patterns, again, but also to be able to then offload the new patterns and easily replace with the old patterns, as fast and easily as possible, presuming this is something that's going to get done quite a bit.

And how is it done?

Posted : 04/02/2021 10:09 am
 rudy

The only way I know to save them on external media is either one by one, or all of them via a backup. But that would backup your whole system, I don't know if it's possible to save only your current patterns and later to restore patterns only and not a full backup.

On a smaller scale, there's no need to delete them, they can simply be reused ... overwritten & renamed.

If you like to delete some, this can be done:
1. Press the UTILITY button
2. Tap Contents > Data Utility
3. Tap Patterns
4. Tap a pattern. At the left there should now be a delete option.

Not sure if there's a possibility for multiple select and delete the selection ... one by one can be a bit tedious if you have 67 to go.

Posted : 04/02/2021 3:40 pm
Member Admin
Topic starter

Agreed. I can't even find any isolated way to only export patterns.

Which is very odd, they're just light data, surely.

----

On deleting yes, I've found all that. There's a "Select All" and you can select as many individually as you like.

----------

The problem:

Daughter has become quite prolific, and is using the Patterns to record sketches/drafts of her musical ideas. She knows to use Scenes, so she has more space.

I realise she could be frugal with space and clear up lesser wanted sketches, but that kind of ruins the benefits of the speed of using the Pattern Sequencer as a sketch pad for a budding composer.

Don't want to be using an hour or two each time she wants to go back and see old sketches via restore backups, as she's also learning to mod sounds at a drastic rate, and making more complex orchestrations with each day, sometimes even pushing tracks and sounds out into the nomans land that is 9 to 16, so she can add more stuff in 1 through 8.

Posted : 04/02/2021 8:36 pm
 rudy

Sounds like she's quite productive ... how nice.

I guess the best way of working in her case would be to keep a USB stick plugged in at all times and to develop the discipline that whenever she created a Pattern to immediately save in on the USB stick, which at that moment is just a few extra taps.

Posted : 05/02/2021 8:11 am
Member Admin
Topic starter

Is it possible to save a pattern to a USB stick?

How is this done?

THanks @rudy!

Posted : 05/02/2021 12:47 pm
 rudy

On the Pattern page tap the Edit/Job field at the right side of the screen.
In the new screen go to Overview in the left sidebar.
At the right there now are fields for 'Save As .mid File' or 'Load .mid File'.

This is on a 'per scene' basis. There can be 8 scenes in a Pattern, they'll have to be saved separately, rendering 8 .mid files.

Posted : 05/02/2021 5:27 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us