Clear all

Recording on Internal Sequencer of MODX

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Minh
Topic starter

Hi guys,

I would like to record a song using internal recorder of the MODX. Initially I recorded 4 parts of a performance (i.e DRUMMER OF TOKYO) as a 80 measures song. After that, I would like to record additional individual part 5 on top of that in the same song. I try to record this part seperately on the internal recorder but cannot make it correctly. The sound of other 4 parts are missing when I record part 5 or they mixed in a funny way when I record as overdub. Indeed, I would like to record part 5 while other 4 parts are playing. Can I be able to do that?

Thank you very much.

Cheers,
Minh

Posted : 29/04/2019 7:27 am
Bad Mister

Hi guys,

I would like to record a song using internal recorder of the MODX. Initially I recorded 4 parts of a performance (i.e DRUMMER OF TOKYO) as a 80 measures song. After that, I would like to record additional individual part 5 on top of that in the same song. I try to record this part seperately on the internal recorder but cannot make it correctly. The sound of other 4 parts are missing when I record part 5 or they mixed in a funny way when I record as overdub. Indeed, I would like to record part 5 while other 4 parts are playing. Can I be able to do that?

Thank you very much.

Cheers,
Minh

When you record “Drummers of Tokyo” (a 4-Part Performance) you will notice that the four KBD CTRL icons are active (green). This is how you are able to tell the MODX Tone Generator which Parts you want to control via the Keyboard.

Once you’ve recorded Parts 1, 2, 3, and 4, deactivate the KBD CTRL icons on those four Parts... and activate it on the Part or Parts you want to play next — this is an “Overdub” operation. The deactivated Parts will playback from the associated Track data during the Overdub operation. By selecting and activating KBD CTRL on Part 5, you will be able to playback the first four Parts from the recorded Tracks while adding (overdub rec) just Part 5 with the Keyboard.

If you do not deactivate the KBD CTRL icon on the Parts you’ve already recorded, please realize that you are playing/triggering them along with Part 5. The MODX Keyboard will play/trigger all KBD CTRL Parts simultaneously. Once you are finished playing them directly (as you do when recording) — deactivate them. (You also should deactivate the Arp function if it is not going to be used).
It is that simple and that complex.

Posted : 29/04/2019 8:24 am
 Minh
Topic starter

Hi Bad Minster,

Thank you very much for your advice and feedback.

Cheers,
Minh

Posted : 29/04/2019 11:02 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us