Notifications
Clear all

Transfer Master files from MOFX to MODX

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 hank
Topic starter

If I transfer a SAVE ALL file from my MOX-F and transfer it to a MODX, what happens to all my MASTER performances that I created and saved?.

I understand Voice, Wave, and Performance files will transfer normally,

Posted : 25/04/2019 11:08 am
Bad Mister

Your MOXF Master programs will be ignored by the MODX... only Voice/Performances, Waveforms and Arpeggios are compatible.
You can save your MOXF Songs as SMF (.mid)
You can save each MOXF Pattern Section as a separate SMF (.mid)

The Master Keyboard function in MODX (called “Zone Master” ) is completely different...

Posted : 25/04/2019 4:22 pm
 hank
Topic starter

Thank you. Clearly understood about the Master.

However,
When I try to transfer my MOXF data (which contains sampled mp3 to .wav files stored on the 1024 mb flash drive) to the MODX6, I get an error message
! Sample memory full.
The file I saved from the MOXF was a "Save All" and "With sample" box checked and is an ALL.X6A fild

So early on, am not able to transfer the old data to the new keyboard.
(I have a feeling the samples from my flash drive are the problem here, correct?)

Thanks

Posted : 01/05/2019 7:55 pm
Bad Mister

“Sample Memory Full!” is the message displayed when there is not enough memory for the data you wish to load.

This can occur when you exceed the size of Wave memory, you exceed the number of Waveforms, you exceed the number of Samples... it is one of those “whichever comes first” things... if you reach the maximum of 2,048 Waveforms before you reach the 1GB limit, you will see memory full. If you exceed the 8,192 Samples before you reach either the 1GB or 2,048 Waveform limit, you will still be out of memory... whichever limit is reached first.

Point is, the memory is full... this is the reason, if the MODX couldn’t read the file a different message would appear (Illegal File! or Can’t Process). It selected the “Sample Memory Full” message, specifically... that is what it is reporting.

Do you know the attributes of your ALL data file?
How were you attempting to Load it? To a Library, to the User Bank?
What is already in your instrument’s memory when you attempt to load this .X6A File?
[UTILITY] > “Contents” > “Data Utility” > Waveform (this Folder will show data currently in your USER Bank; you will also see how much memory is used out-of the 1GB Flash memory.

If Waveform data is in USER Bank locations, loading the MOXF .X6A File (Voice) to the User Bank will Overwrite any previous Waveforms in the Waveform Folder.
If you already have installed Libraries, they are using Flash memory and can be the cause of your error message report.

Let us know.

Posted : 01/05/2019 8:28 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us