Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Switching Instruments while playing an Audio Clip from USB

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi there, we have back tracks on a USB stick that we play through the MODX keyboard using Performance/Play/Rec/Audio/Load Song and play.

I can play on top of the clip playing just fine, However...

I can only click the Category button to select an instrument when the audio clip is not playing. So any suggestions on how to switch to a different instrument while the audio clip is playing? Or am I stuck only able to play one instrument while the clip is playing?

Posted : 07/07/2019 9:22 pm
Bad Mister

I can only click the Category button to select an instrument when the audio clip is not playing. So any suggestions on how to switch to a different instrument while the audio clip is playing? Or am I stuck only able to play one instrument while the clip is playing?

You are only “stuck” if your only option is to use the internal Play/Rec function to playback your .wav File.

If you want to use the MODX freely while the audio plays back, run the audio through the A/D In or through the USB “To Host” port.. this means taking your wave file and playing it back from an external playback device.
_ iPhone/iPad can be connected to the MODX using a USB cable and a LUCA (Lightning to USB Camera Adapter).
_ Any handheld audio playback device with analog Outputs can be connected to the A/D input with appropriate cabling to go to the 1/4” back panel inputs.

Posted : 08/07/2019 4:16 am
Prominent Member

Another possible solution is to move the sounds you want to switch to into the same Performance, and then switch among those sounds using scenes, kybd crl, superknob, etc., whatever works for you.

Posted : 09/07/2019 6:55 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us