Notifications
Clear all

USB RIBBON STRIPS OR ALTERNATIVES

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Are there any options regarding USB ribbon strips for the MODX? My friend owns the Montage and I love the ribbon strip functionality which the MODX lacks.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Posted : 13/03/2021 10:43 pm
Bad Mister

The first thing that comes to mind is - trade up to a MONTAGE... you’ll love it!

I don’t know of any external device that would take the place of the Ribbon (that you could add on)... you’ll have to research that yourself.

Posted : 14/03/2021 8:19 am
Member Admin

Only slightly cheaper than a Montage upgrade:

Get an ASM Hydrasynth, and you gain not only the ribbon, but also PolyAfterTouch in a second keyboard controller, and an amazing synth engine that takes off exactly where the AWM engine in the MODX quits, plus an arpeggiator that plays arps in more common ways that you could then use to drive the arps in the MODX.

$1299 on sale at SweetWater at the moment.

Where the ASM ribbon is already more powerful than that of the Montage, it starts to get ballistic when paired with the chord feature and the arpeggiator.

You can instantly create chords on the Hydrasynth, then send them via a single key hit, to the MODX to drive your arps, whilst they concurrently drive the arpeggio system of the Hydrasynth.

And you can move those chords with the ribbon, and/or pressure change the struck key to modulate cutoff or whatever you like on both the Hydrasynth and the MODX.

Posted : 14/03/2021 3:45 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us