1152 free performances for Yamaha Montage

28 Posts
17 Users
0 Likes
13.4 K Views
 Tom
Trusted Member

Thank you Per.

I hope I get time to listen to most them.
I still have not heard half the Sounds and Performances of my Montage and 11 Libraries:) .
I am old and not able to sit at a Instrument. For 12-14 hours like when I was young. LOL
It is getting as Bad as. Ableton Live and all the Thousands and Thousands of Sample sounds I have.
Can't find a thing. Because there is just tooo much. LOL
I am going to need Yamaha to make 3 Favorite Sections.;) Or get an assistant.(Have to sell some more songs.).
Thanks again.

**The Categories/Sub and Search on the Montage are Great. And Very Relevant. Always A Great help for me.

Posted : 14/02/2018 12:12 am
Bad Mister

Marius wrote:

Thanks a lot πŸ™‚
A bit offtopic, i succesfully loaded the libraries onto my montage, and thought merging all electric pianos into one library to reduce have more library slots available but this task proved to be more than i can handle. I encountered this situation some time ago with another sound libraries.
The ''import to user'' feature in the Montage has only ''Name'' and ''Date'' available and it's time consuming to go through all 1152 performances to import only the electric pianos. Basically, i'd have to write down all the electric piano names and search them by name or date. Maybe in the update....10.0 they'll add this option.

Ideally, the import to user screen could have a similar layout like in the category search screen, the performances being sorted by category, 4/4 layout, same sorting options (default, name,date) etc. or more ideally, as many users requested, the abilty to import to user directly from the category search screen.

Until the update ( LOL ) could you please make a library file with all the electric pianos from the all 3 libraries? Thanks a lot.

Just a thought, but you would gain nothing by placing all the Electric Pianos in one Library, other than you could DELETE them all at once.

Really, there is no reason to place them all in one Library because you can set your "search" parameters to target just "Keyboard" > "Electric Piano" or just "Keyboard" > "FM Piano", and you can further refine the search to "All", "Favorites", "Preset", "User", or any one of your installed Libraries. Gathering them all together might seem like it serves a purpose... but in actual fact... the Performances are in a kind of data Cloud. And while you could alphabetize GOOGLE, or Wikipedia - you simply don't have to, you just define the parameters of your search... do you really care which Server the data came from?

When you load a Performance into your MONTAGE... Notice you don't go to a specific location to recall a sound. You learn to use the Bank, Attribute, and manual Search boxes of [CATEGORY SEARCH] to locate what you need. Having a Library with just Strings in it would represent a lot of work moving things around for no actual benefit.

If you want to audition Ensemble String sounds, you can do that:
Press [CATEGORY SEARCH]
Set "Bank" = All
Set "Attribute" = depends on use case... Multi/Single
Main = Strings
Sub = Ensemble

The field populates with every String Ensemble sound I have acquired since purchasing MONTAGE. At the end of the day, I don't care which Library Bank it comes from... although I can easily find out. I can now increment through them, auditioning just Ensemble Strings.

Further, working with the MONTAGE, you begin to mark as "Favorite", the Performances you find yourself using again and again. Yes, you can refine your search to just your *Favorite* String Ensemble programs.

There are several different Category Searches accessible from the [PERFORMANCE (HOME)]... each has a different purpose.
_ Performance Category Search - entries replace the entire Performance all Parts
_ Part Category Search - entries replace an existing Part
_ Performance Merge - when "+" Adding a new Performance to an existing Performance

Posted : 14/02/2018 2:56 am

Bad Mister wrote:

Marius wrote:

Thanks a lot πŸ™‚
A bit offtopic, i succesfully loaded the libraries onto my montage, and thought merging all electric pianos into one library to reduce have more library slots available but this task proved to be more than i can handle. I encountered this situation some time ago with another sound libraries.
The ''import to user'' feature in the Montage has only ''Name'' and ''Date'' available and it's time consuming to go through all 1152 performances to import only the electric pianos. Basically, i'd have to write down all the electric piano names and search them by name or date. Maybe in the update....10.0 they'll add this option.

Ideally, the import to user screen could have a similar layout like in the category search screen, the performances being sorted by category, 4/4 layout, same sorting options (default, name,date) etc. or more ideally, as many users requested, the abilty to import to user directly from the category search screen.

Until the update ( LOL ) could you please make a library file with all the electric pianos from the all 3 libraries? Thanks a lot.

Just a thought, but you would gain nothing by placing all the Electric Pianos in one Library, other than you could DELETE them all at once.

Really, there is no reason to place them all in one Library because you can set your "search" parameters to target just "Keyboard" > "Electric Piano" or just "Keyboard" > "FM Piano", and you can further refine the search to "All", "Favorites", "Preset", "User", or any one of your installed Libraries. Gathering them all together might seem like it serves a purpose... but in actual fact... the Performances are in a kind of data Cloud. And while you could alphabetize GOOGLE, or Wikipedia - you simply don't have to, you just define the parameters of your search... do you really care which Server the data came from?

When you load a Performance into your MONTAGE... Notice you don't go to a specific location to recall a sound. You learn to use the Bank, Attribute, and manual Search boxes of [CATEGORY SEARCH] to locate what you need. Having a Library with just Strings in it would represent a lot of work moving things around for no actual benefit.

If you want to audition Ensemble String sounds, you can do that:
Press [CATEGORY SEARCH]
Set "Bank" = All
Set "Attribute" = depends on use case... Multi/Single
Main = Strings
Sub = Ensemble

The field populates with every String Ensemble sound I have acquired since purchasing MONTAGE. At the end of the day, I don't care which Library Bank it comes from... although I can easily find out. I can now increment through them, auditioning just Ensemble Strings.

Further, working with the MONTAGE, you begin to mark as "Favorite", the Performances you find yourself using again and again. Yes, you can refine your search to just your *Favorite* String Ensemble programs.

There are several different Category Searches accessible from the [PERFORMANCE (HOME)]... each has a different purpose.
_ Performance Category Search - entries replace the entire Performance all Parts
_ Part Category Search - entries replace an existing Part
_ Performance Merge - when "+" Adding a new Performance to an existing Performance

Thank you for spending the time to answer my post. I do know all these things you mentioned, i've been reading a lot and spending time with the Montage.
The main gripe about going into the category search is that it does not memorize the last screen i was into ( whether i am selecting performances from favourites, a specific library,etc.). I realise that for that i have Live Sets. As a scenario, many times i want to compare different performances as i hear they are using the same parts/elements,but with different parameters, i open cat search, select a performance from user (or fav/lib), go to the main screen. When i re-enter the cat search, i have again to select bank, attribute, main,sub, sorting option. I am sure you understood what i meant and many other users have said, memorizing the last cat search has to a top priority.
As for assembling a new user bank to create a new library with the import to user function, it doesn't matter if i want to import only the electric pianos, it can be different perf from dif sound categories, obviously from different libraries, the main purpose is to merge performances from several libraries to have more slots available,(as i wrote in my original post). I don't really know about programming and software, but,as i wrote in the post above, Yamaha would save us a lot of time by being able to import to user directly from the cat search screen by multiple selecting performances, and a little L letter could be in front of the performances from libraries, that way we can see all the perf from all libraries, (P from presets, U from user etc.) when the attribute is all in bank.
If this isn't possible, at least Yamaha could change the layout in the utility/ contents/ import to user to be exactly the same as the cat search screen(including grid and sorting options) and being able to play and hear the performances, this way,we wouldn't have to write on paper the performances we want to import. It wouldn't be a problem for a few performances, but when they are many which i want to import, things get annoying. In my case,with the el pianos, the import to user was showing me all the lib's performances, even if i sorted by name/date,it's hard to recognise and select only the el pianos (not to mention that the default option is missing, but it would't do any help anyway), if the cat search knows what perf are in el piano/brass/strings etc. why does the import to user hasn't got a similar sorting option?
Anyway, even if the import to user screen would have an exact similar layout, without being able to play the performances we're back where we started.
I'm sure you use your keyboard the same that we, other users do, and if you don't mind going thru the sorting options again and again, when wanting to go through (for ex) all single part strings/brass etc performances from the preset performances( to compare the elements used, parameters used,etc, going to the main screen and back require selecting attribute/main/sub again ....i really feel that Yamaha is simply ignoring us in this matter, we are requesting this feature since the montage launched, if you don't find this little feature useful, then i really don't know what else to say.

Sorry if my words were written in a bad tone, but every time i go from the main screen back to the cat search, i become a little bit nervous LOL, how can we play and make beautiful music if we are angry? Since i bought my montage i'm playing only minor chords LOL. I feel that you are the single one on this forum who can help us and work with Yamaha about this changes, if it would be only a user forum, then i wouldn't write this kind of posts ,but many users write in the hope Yamaha sees them and, if they seem useful, to implement them, Thanks a lot, cheers.

Posted : 14/02/2018 8:02 am
Bad Mister

Sorry if my words were written in a bad tone, but every time i go from the main screen back to the cat search, i become a little bit nervous LOL, how can we play and make beautiful music if we are angry?

Angry, I can’t deal with... if I live to be a hundred I will never understand anger... sorry, I just don’t get it. How can you make music, you ask... hmmm, indeed.

After writing a complete reply to you, I trashed it... if angry is where you’re at nothing I can do will fix that. To even fix your fingers to type the words β€œYamaha is simply ignoring us...” well, that is ridiculous, completely, and utterly ridiculous.
Cheers!

Posted : 14/02/2018 3:44 pm
 Tom
Trusted Member

2008 views as of this Writing. And only 18 Replies!
Only 14 Thank you's to Per.
Now this Post has gone. Totally off Topic!!!
How about Everybody Stay on The Topic of. Thanking Per.
For His Great Work and Free sounds.

This is a prime example. Of Just how Cold and Crass. The world has gotten.
In the time I grew up in(50's-60's-70's.). There would be at least 1000 Thank you notes.(Assuming People visited twice.).

Posted : 15/02/2018 12:18 am
Per
 Per
Topic starter

Marius wrote:

... could you please make a library file with all the electric pianos from the all 3 libraries? Thanks a lot.

Hi Marius

Here is a Motif XF editor file containing all Keyboard/EP voices from my 3 PSC SongWriter Collections. Motif XF editor files can easily be imported into your Yamaha Montage user area.

PSC XfVc SongWritEPs.X3E
(Simply close the login box, then you can download...)

Greetings Per Skovgaard

Posted : 22/02/2018 2:03 pm

Per wrote:

Marius wrote:

... could you please make a library file with all the electric pianos from the all 3 libraries? Thanks a lot.

Hi Marius

Here is a Motif XF editor file containing all Keyboard/EP voices from my 3 PSC SongWriters Collections. Motif XF editor files can easily be imported into your Yamaha Montage user area.

PSC XfVc SongWritEPs.X3E

Greetings Per Skovgaard

Thanks a lot

Posted : 23/02/2018 7:55 am
 Jose

This is just amazing. The work, the soul and your time doing this. Just thanks a lot for this great tool.

Posted : 19/02/2019 8:59 pm
 Ivan

Hi there, I have recently discovered these libraries, and have to say, I'm really amazed.
I'm quite new to Montage, so once more accustomed, would love to engage the superknob with certain sounds-more convenient with FC7, instead of using the modwheel.

Excellent job, MANY inspirational performances in there. So this is just to express my thanks for Per- for the work, and his generosity for sharing all this with us! THANKS!!!

Posted : 04/06/2021 9:29 am
jayeson
Eminent Member

Thanks for the new sounds!

Can someone explain the preferred steps to try to load a few hundred sounds at a time if that is possible.

Posted : 05/06/2021 12:22 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

If you do not want to load all of the sounds of the PSC Songwriter's collection (Vol 3b has 384 or 411 Performances depending on which number you use) then you need to perform multiple steps. Either prepare the X7L (or X7U) file by editing it offline before loading it to your Montage - or by loading all Performances and then delete the ones you do not want.

If you're going to prepare the Performances before loading - you'll need some sort of editing software to do that. JM Tools would do this.

If you're going to clean up ones you don't want after loading everything (which also means you don't need any additional software) - then I would suggest:

1) Backup your user area by saving it to an X7U file [UTILITY] "Contents" -> "Save/Store". Content type should be a user file.
2) Make sure your user file isn't a size 0 or otherwise corrupt. You could have a free tool analyze it (online).
3) Initialize your user area only (meaning erase it).
4) [UTILITY] "Contents" -> "Load" load the PSC Songwriter's Collection (Vol 3b - or whichever one you want) USER file (*.X7U). I say go straight to the user bank so you can more easily make tweaks and have less to clean up later.
5) Delete any Performance you don't want (there's a job function that lets you delete more than one Performance at a time)
6) Create ([UTILITY] "Contents" -> "Save/Store" ) a Library file AND User file. Having both gives you an option of which bank type to load your modified PSC Songwriter's Collection into.
7) [UTILITY] "Contents" -> "Load" your backup of the user file you saved in step 1 (Backfile_name.X7U)
8) Now you can [UTILITY] "Contents" -> "Load" the modified PSC Songwriter's collection (*.X7L) file you created in step 6. I am saying load as a library so you can keep your previous user area in-tact as it originally was.

Posted : 05/06/2021 4:05 am
 Fred
Trusted Member

The free Yamaha synth soundsets, PSC SongWriter Collection, is now also available for Yamaha Montage. The PSC SongWriter Collection consists of 3 soundsets, each containing 384 sounds. The sounds are created on a Yamaha Motif XS and then converted to Yamaha Montage single part performances. The PSC SongWriter Collection is available at this website:

http://bricksite.com/perskovgaard/yamaha-synth-voices

Without people who recently posted in this thread, I would have never know it, because it is 4 years old !

So, many thanks to you, Per, for this free sounds set. It's great.

Posted : 07/06/2021 6:22 am

Ok, so I have only now stumbled on this. Thank you Per with much gratitude for sharing your hard work with us to enjoy!

Posted : 23/07/2021 9:48 am
Page 2 / 2
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us