Notifications
Clear all

2.0 Icon Bug?

16 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Jason
Illustrious Member

I agree that easy-to-reproduce bugs create a perception problem. When designing hardware, I tell my group that even the small things matter. I'll often use car analogies since they're fairly universally relatable. Along the lines of -- even though you don't need a map light to drive - and it's of little real consequence if a map light doesn't work - when I reach up and hit the map light and I see the light is broken, I get a sense that the car has something wrong with it and my confidence in other parts of the car sink.

Often in design we'll run across what some think are tiny bugs - but if they are customer facing - even "inconsequential" ones cause customer satisfaction issues.

That said - it's fair to call this a "tiny bug". It does not hamper musical expression. It does not hamper navigation. The information is of little consequence since it is redundant to other information displayed. It self-corrects by what seems to be a defined set of steps (more than one set).

Whatever the gremlin is here needs to be cleaned up - but it's one of those mostly harmless ones.

Hopefully Yamaha will be able to reproduce. It's always helpful to start from:

1) Initialize Montage to factory settings
2) Power Montage off
2) Turn on Montage
3) ... (do XYZ steps to reproduce the failure)

Everyone with an initialized Montage using the same firmware should have the same experience so these steps should be reproducible by any other user unless there's a single-unit failure (doesn't seem to be the case here).

If you're going to initialize, make sure you have a backup.

Posted : 10/02/2018 8:49 am
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us