Clear all

Adding more features for release?

8 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Just wondering whats possible..
I dont see any changes happening to the frontpannel( as that is hardware) but whats possible under the hood?
It mostly depends on what the new processing hardware allows for?

Could they add more synth engines like a VA or a VL engine? For free or as a payed update? (I dont see this
Could they add more additions to the sample engine like SCM or AEM
And could they add the most wanted pattern mode..
Or add more features to the build in sequencer
Adding full DAW controll like on the Motif seems a must.. But can they add this?

I think only time will tell.. We might know by Muisk Messe what the Montage will bring when fully developed..

Posted : 31/01/2016 2:48 pm

I think it would be interessting. Even though you got most sounds covered with the existing synth engines.
But something tells me it won't happen. And this is why:

The existing engines the AWM2 and the FM-X, have their own seperate Polyphony. My guess is that the hardware must be ready for it in order to support more engines.
It seems unlikely that the current engines will share their polyphony with New engines in the future. But never say never though.

I hope I'm wrong.:)

Posted : 31/01/2016 3:45 pm
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Robin wrote:

I think it would be interessting. Even though you got most sounds covered with the existing synth engines.
But something tells me it won't happen. And this is why:

The existing engines the AWM2 and the FM-X, have their own seperate Polyphony. My guess is that the hardware must be ready for it in order to support more engines.
It seems unlikely that the current engines will share their polyphony with New engines in the future. But never say never though.

I hope I'm wrong.:)

Well... First there is the 128 poly part for FM-X, if they would add for example a VA or VL synthesis, it would probably share polyphony with the FM-X engine..

And i would think AEM and SCM since they are still build on enhancing samples, could be part of the AWM polyphony..

I think their biggest challenge might be adding a pattern mode, or DAW controll witouth dedicated and labeled buttons on the hardware..

Tough most depends on how the software is structured, and how much resources are available for this...

Posted : 31/01/2016 5:35 pm
Trusted Member

For me, adding SCM for pianos and electric pianos would make this a done deal. I know how great they sound from my CP4. That is what is keeping me hesitant from buying a Montage. Maybe before the release in May there is still time. I only want one keyboard and I don't want to lose the SCM pianos. I can compromise the keyboard feel and lack of sequencer (I am using the Cubasis iPad app for this), but no compromise on the piano sounds. Is anyone at Yamaha listening?

Posted : 31/01/2016 6:06 pm

Congrats yam for this return;)

If fdsp, vl and an1x are added, iยดll buy one, it's a promise :p

I'm dreaming of a kind of v-synth inside montage too ...

Posted : 31/01/2016 7:58 pm
 Jan

For me AEM or 16-part AN1x would seal the deal. Right now I'm a little torn. But I'm positive we'll see either in the future ๐Ÿ™‚

Posted : 31/01/2016 8:33 pm
Lawrence
Trusted Member

There may be more things added, but not anything that was "removed" from the Motif series.

Posted : 31/01/2016 8:56 pm
 Aldo
Eminent Member

Sequencer has been removed, or at least simplified.....too much

A lot of users are complaining about that, if you look at motifator forum is clear what I mean

I would like to have the editing and pattern sequencer, please Yamaha, do it ( dream mode ON)

But, honestly, I think that montage IS WHAT IT IS and any feature will be added (dream mode OFF)

Posted : 01/02/2016 2:00 am
Share:

ยฉ 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. ย ย  Terms of Useย |ย Privacy Policyย |ย Contact Us