Clear all

Aftertouch options.

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Reputable Member
Topic starter

Does Montage M8x offer the option to select
channel / polyphonic aftertouch at will, as it happens with keyboard velocity or master tuning, or is it just polyphonic all the time ?

Thank you.

????
????

Posted : 16/10/2023 9:12 pm
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I have found it, thanks.

Selectable. Pages 243, 244.

Great.

Posted : 16/10/2023 9:44 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

I wish the operations manual HTML (web-based) search engine was better. Even knowing what I'm looking for using the PDF is difficult to find with the sub-par search. However, because your image didn't show up ...

Found on the web version here: https://manual.yamaha.com/mi/synth/montage_m/en/om02screenparameters0060.html

... then search (Ctrl-F or Cmd-F depending on your system) for "After Touch" using the browser's search -- not the search embedded in the manual. The second hit is equivalent to page 243 of the PDF.

Posted : 16/10/2023 10:05 pm
Reputable Member
Topic starter

How could my screenshot do that ?

No units of measurement involved...

Anyway, I would set it to channel aftertouch, and if I want a single key to use it, as simple as lifting those fingers not wanted to sound while using the most
powerful at my fingering.

On doing the contrary I might risk damaging ALL my fingers...

????
????

Posted : 16/10/2023 10:20 pm
Dragos
Eminent Member

It's also a Part setting:
https://manual.yamaha.com/mi/synth/montage_m/en/om02screenparameters0080.html#link23

How would that work?
Can you set it as PolyAT in the Performance and some Parts to respond to PolyAt and others to Channel AT?

Posted : 16/10/2023 10:33 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

I've got a hypothesis, but someone with the actual keyboard can do a better job of getting an accurate answer.

Posted : 17/10/2023 12:13 am
Prominent Member

Can you set it as PolyAT in the Performance and some Parts to respond to PolyAt and others to Channel AT?

If the performance is set to channel then the parts no longer send PolyAT to the tone generator.

1. Load Syn AN-X Organ PAT
2. press and hold two keys some distance apart
3. press harder on one, then the other, of the keys
4. you will hear each key doing AT
5. Change performance AT to channel
6. Test in #3 shows parts no longer change sound with pressure

I have NOT tested whether external Poly AT sent to a part will sound if the performance level AT is set to channel.

This needs to be tested because the manual (see Dragos link) says this for part AT

This parameter is set to Channel on the MONTAGE M6 and MONTAGE M7, regardless of the setting here.

But the M6 and M7 CAN respond to and play Poly AT sent from an external device even though they can NOT generate it and can only generate channel AT.

This suggests that if a part on M8X is set to either Poly or channel AT external MIDI that includes Poly AT may play properly regardless of the performance level setting.

Posted : 18/10/2023 9:47 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us