Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

ATTN: Blake Angelos.

9 Posts
4 Users
1 Likes
Topic starter

Quote from Blake Angelos: "Here’s a glimpse of the next generation. Have a listen, take a look. More information coming soon!" My question to Yamaha is, what is your definition of soon? Is it October, at the official launch of the Montage M? We, and when I say we, I mean the entire music community globally, would like to hear and know more about the Montage M... BEFORE the official launch, if you don't mind. I realize you need to get approval from Japan headquarters and maybe as far up the line as Yamaha CEO Takuya Nakata. Could you convince Japan to provide a little more butter on the bread, please? Before the bread gets stale? Thanks, Blake.

Posted : 27/09/2023 3:44 pm
Prominent Member

ATTN: Blake Angelos.

The best way to get Blake's attention is to use the 'Contact Us' email link at the bottom right of this page.

I realize you need to get approval from Japan headquarters and maybe as far up the line as Yamaha CEO Takuya Nakata.

Have you considered going right to the top and sending a message to 'Japan headquarters' or 'Takuya Nakata'? If you do please copy us on that message.

As you suggest, Blank is just a messenger when it comes to authority to release info about new products. IMO it isn't really fair to target the messenger.

Posted : 27/09/2023 4:15 pm
david reacted
Dragos
Eminent Member

[quotePost id=123325]We, and when I say we, I mean the entire music community globally, would like to hear and know more about the Montage M... BEFORE the official launch, if you don't mind. [/quotePost]
Not at all, speak for yourself.

Posted : 27/09/2023 6:20 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

You'll have your answers soon enough. It's not worth the bad mojo to dictate the hows and whens.

Any early information is "fun" but a far cry from playing a store demo model. We'll learn soon enough when to expect those will be available.

Others speculate the announce will be at Synthfest UK on Oct 7. I don't know - these days you don't need a venue or anything to announce. There are other events that could or could not be used that occur within a week or two of Synthfest.

"Something is coming" usually has a fairly fast follow of that something actually coming.

I thought it would be a fun marketing tactic to brighten up and get the pictures fully in focus slowly over time. So you would keep going back to the Sneak Peek page and try to glean a little more each day. That said, I hardly expect this.

Tip: Keep your bread in the freezer.

Posted : 27/09/2023 9:07 pm
Topic starter

I took Andrew's advice and sent Yamaha a message similar to what I posted here on this forum. Blake Angelos said we'd hear/see more of the Montage M soon. The original sounds and photos were posted on September 17th, ICYMI. Today is September 28th. So it's been almost two weeks, therefore I was just wondering what 'soon' means when a Yamaha representative says soon. It would be nice to see the back panel of the Montage M. It would be nice to hear more sounds from the Montage M. We know it will be launched sometime in October. Will it be October 31st? Scary! lol. In my opinion, the fire's been ignited but has died down to the point that it would sure be nice if Yamaha stoked the flames before the fire dims too much. In other words, build momentum. Don't put on the brakes. Put on the gas. Give the world a better glimpse of the Montage M before the big day. Increase the enthusiasm. Increase the excitement. Build anticipation. Just a thought. ???

Posted : 28/09/2023 4:42 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

There will be plenty of activity when manuals are released, product demos come out, and then eventually when the keyboard is available at your local retailer. Say Korg announced the the Kronos replacement tomorrow. Well, then there'd be competitive pressure. At this point, even if the excitement seems to not be visible - there is hardly a penalty for Yamaha to stick with whatever their plans are in terms of content and schedule.

Posted : 28/09/2023 4:51 pm
Prominent Member

I took Andrew's advice

REALLY! Or are you just pulling my leg?

I was serious about it. I've never understood the oft encountered reluctance of many people to actually contact the people that can help them most.

Want to report a bug or complain about an anomoly? Sure - you can post in the forum if you want but why not just let Yamaha/other know directly. They won't always respond but they are in the best position to actually do something about it.

Posted : 28/09/2023 5:52 pm
Prominent Member

There will be plenty of activity when manuals are released, product demos come out, and then eventually when the keyboard is available at your local retailer.

Hmmm - Bad Mister just replied to my thread.

I wonder if that means his 'pre-release' duties are winding down? LOL!

Or maybe that new 'thing' has him hornswoggled and he's taking a break by going back to what he already knows.

We're gonna be at a disadvantage if there is no 'Bad Mister' (or replacement) in the forum for that new fangled thing we are all waiting for.

Posted : 28/09/2023 5:56 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Yamaha has always let these kind of threads go along without much comment even when BM (Bad Mister) was on payroll and active on a daily basis.

You would've seen the same kind of thing during Montage Classic's launch, CP, YC, etc ...

Posted : 28/09/2023 8:22 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us