Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Audio meters are hard to read because of the similarity of the meter and background colors both being a shade of green.

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Prominent Member
Topic starter

I'm not color blind but found the audio meters that show the part levels changing are hard to read. The value color is a shade of green and the background color appears to be a slightly lighter shade of green. I suggest they revisit this color combination. The old green, yellow and red were VERY easy to see.

Just a personal preference issue I'm sure but would like to hear what others think.

Posted : 11/10/2023 9:36 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

I haven't seen this in person so I cannot comment specifically but I can say that color contrast has been a concern of mine since Montage classic had some combinations that did not have what would be regarded as usable/acceptable contrasts of background vs foreground. Given this is something that has had missteps before, I wouldn't be surprised of more.

Posted : 12/10/2023 1:52 am
Eminent Member

Quick side question Andrew - from the videos the screen knobs appear to be touch sensitive, but I can't find any info in the manual. Could you confirm whether that's the case or not?
Thanks.

Posted : 12/10/2023 3:50 am
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Could you confirm whether that's the case or not?

I'm not sure what you mean by 'touch sensitive'. Nothing at all happens if you just touch them.
You have to rotate them. The 8 knobs under the small display and the 6 knobs under the main
display operate in the same way:

1. they can be continuously rotated physically both clockwise and counter-clockwise.
2. they have no vertical action - that is you can not press down on them nor pull up on them
3. the min/max values are software only. You can rotate a knob clockwise as long as you want
but once it reaches the maximum value (displayed on the screen) that value will stay at max
even if you keep rotating the knob.

Now - I would ask that you create a new thread and ask this question there. And then I will
answer it there. Then you can delete this thread.

This is a new product and there are going to be a LOT of questions like yours because very few
people even have the instrument yet.

But almost NOBODY will see your question because you posted it in my thread whose subject is about 'Audio Meters'. Unless someone cares about audio meter issues they won't even read this thread
or see your question.

It's not my intention to be 'stubborn' about insisting that people post in new threads just because
I think it is better. You are free to post whereever you like.

Hopefully, though, you can see the value in creating a thread with a subject that mentions your
particular question about knobs. That will get more people's attention.

Posted : 12/10/2023 4:30 am
Prominent Member
Topic starter

and respect the respondents question is already noted as a side question, such that there's no need for another thread.

Sorry to see that, once again, you are showing your total ignorance of the main purpose of public forums for a product.

That purpose is to provide a channel for the public at large to learn about the produc, and how to use it, from other members that are willing to share their knowledge.

Creating a new thread for a new question facililtates that sharing of knowledge. Asking 'side questions' that are entirely unrelated to the thread is considered 'hijacking' in many forums.

I suggest you reread the main point I made in my reply regarding this.

But almost NOBODY will see your question because you posted it in my thread whose subject is about 'Audio Meters'. Unless someone cares about audio meter issues they won't even read this thread
or see your question.

If you still can't understand what the above means please ask a friend to explain it to you.

This is a new product that very few people own yet. So it is more important than ever that questions get seen by the WIDEST possible audience. That helps everyone - the main goal of a forum.

That is easily contrasted with the bulk of your replies which generally don't help anyone at all but are more akin to the whining, and complaining of a child.

Posted : 12/10/2023 3:26 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us