Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Confirmed - applying the 1.11.02 upgrade fixes a display problem for AN-X performances

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Prominent Member
Topic starter

Another thread alerted me to the availability of an update for the Montage M. You always expect updates but not usually just a day after product release.

So I hadn't noticed that update but applying it fixed an AN-X display issue I had come across but hadn't reported yet so am reporting it now.

Notice the oscilliscope waveform display at the top right of the image on Page 120 of the operations doc. That page shows the 'Part Info' display for an AN-X part. Several other displays have an oscilliscope image also.

My display did not have that oscilliscope image but had different content. The red oscillator section elements were higher on the display and underneath there were 4 level meters similar to the level meters for part levels, those for Drum Keys in the image on the previous page or those for Init Normal (AWM2) or Init Normal (FM-X).

For the AN-X display the level meters were for Osc 1, Osc 2, Osc 3 and Noise and basically duplicated what the round level meters in the image were already showing.

I noticed this when I followed along with what Dom Sigalas was doing in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g37krx2ZhOQ
At that 5:25 minute mark you can see the oscilliscope waveform for the Init Normal (AN-X) performance he was using.

My Init Normal (AN-X) display image was different as I described. After the update the image now matches.

Not a biggie maybe but one of those 'gotcha' things that is bound to happen.

So if your Init image is missing the waveform display you may want to upgrade.

Posted : 11/10/2023 11:21 pm
Dragos
Eminent Member

Is the internal fan audible?

Posted : 12/10/2023 7:16 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us