Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Combined Performances issue

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I am having an issue when combining two performances. I have created a performance using two instances of Warm pad. I have done some tweaking to the track two and saved it as a new performance which works fine and gives the layered sound that I want. Then I tried to add a string voice which is a single part (Lush Strings). I wanted to split the keyboard and use the pad voice on the L and the string on the right. When I add the strings to channel 3 the string voice is different. It sounded lie some effects has been added to it. I checked the mixer but no sends to variation etc. Also the stock insert effects has been applied as the original voice. But the string voice sounds different. I could not figure out what is the reason. Please advise. Thanks in advance

** Also I have noted the firmware version is 3.52 in the Montage 7 WH which I bought. In the website it still showing 3.51 is the latest firmware ???

Posted : 08/11/2022 3:36 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

3.51 is the latest we can download. Such a minor release difference means there's hardly any difference between the latest available for download and what you have.

Regarding the strings - you're looking in the right places. System effects (reverb+variation) is one of the "inherited" programming that a new Part from a different Performance gains. There's usually some compromise to contend with there. And then there's also master effects. Those are inherited as well. Another area of inheritance is Superknob's impact on the newly added Part's assignable knobs. That's a good thing to check. When you like the string sound from the original (non-transplanted) Performance - write down the value of each Assignable Knob 1-8 (the Part level ones). Back in your transplanted Performance - make sure those are set the same.

The inherited properties if different from the original Performance will make a difference.

Posted : 08/11/2022 4:40 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us