Notifications
Clear all

Convert Motif XF Performance to Montage

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

hi...!!!

Is there any way to convert my self created Performances on Motif XF to Montage...???

I like to keep the Settings of each Performance like Split points , Volumes e.t.c... PLEASEEE HELP

Posted : 28/05/2016 2:31 pm
 Phil
Eminent Member

From what I've read you won't be able to do this. Montage has all the preset sounds from the xf but can't just import the performances due to how parts are combined within a montage performance - remember that montage doesn't have voices in the sense that the xf had - voices only exist within the context of a performance which has at least one sound. You say your xf performances had splits volumes etc. What were the etc's? I don't know how many performances you have but you might be able to make a note of the details you need from your xf and manually recreate them on the montage. I know this sounds a pain in the a** but at least it can be done. I for one think it great that all the xf preset sounds are present giving previous motif owners some backwards compatibility. I think people are viewing the montage as a progression from the motif range (such as you would have got from the xs to the xf) but it's pretty much a different animal.

Posted : 28/05/2016 3:10 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us