Notifications
Clear all

create arpegiator on montage

3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 moti
Topic starter

Hi, i have the montage 8 and i can't find explenation or video how i can create arpegiator myself.
please help me with this.
thank's,
moti

Posted : 14/10/2018 9:14 am
Bad Mister

Arpeggio Phrases can be created from data recorded or loaded to the MONTAGE Play/Rec function.

You define the Start and End Measure, and use the MONTAGE function to convert the data to a USER ARP.
Basically, an Arp can be made from any 16 Notes you choose. There are three Types of Arpeggio Conversion.
1) Fixed Note - it plays back exactly what was entered.
2) Original Note - same as “Fixed Note” except it will adjust to chord quality
3) Normal - uses only the played notes to generate a pattern.

The 16 Note Limit is not a length limitation. It refers to 16 unique note numbers. This means if you are creating a Drum groove as an Arpeggio, the Drum sounds must be limited to a 16-piece Kit. You can, for example choose the Kick Drum at C1... you can hit it scores and scores of times, but it counts as one note. If you use the Snare at D1, you can it hundreds of times but it is your second note number.. and so on.. . Again, 16 *unique* note numbers (that’s the limit).

Likewise you musical phrases must also be limited to 16 unique note numbers. Those are the only real limitations on creating your own Arp phrases. The source can be any MIDI file, or data you create yourself. You can record it on the MONTAGE, or you can just load it from any .mid File.

Once the data is loaded... touch the Song Title box to see the pop-in menu option “User Arp”
This will open the Arp Converter...

See page 53 of the MONTAGE Supplementary Manual released with version 2.5 - “Put Track To Arpeggio”

Please see the following articles:

Arpeggio Making 101 - MONTAGE Part 1
Arpeggio Making 101 - MONTAGE Part II
MONTAGE CONNECT: Working with Arpeggios

Posted : 14/10/2018 9:52 am
 moti
Topic starter

thank you.

Posted : 14/10/2018 12:36 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us