Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Montage AWm2 Sound not Working any more

8 Posts
5 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

After some sound tweaking the AWM2 sound module is not working any more. FMX sound is working, even audition for a factory sound CFX and FMX only the FMX sound plays, no AWM2.
I did a factory reset and again an Upgrade to os 2.5. The error occured under 2.5 which i updated on 31.07.2018 and which was working properly until this morning.
Any Advice?
Kind regards
Chris

Posted : 14/10/2018 11:17 am
Bad Mister

If you are certain you reset the unit, there is no amount of tweaking that would shut AWM2 off through a reset. You should have the instrument looked at by an Authorized Service Center. Contact Yamaha for the Service Centers in your area.
Sorry you are having an issue...

Posted : 14/10/2018 3:09 pm

Hi Christoph
When i first loaded OS2.5 my AWM2 engine was only able to play some sine waves on every preset. ( i didn't check what FM was up to, i was too busy panicking).
This was cured on my machine by reloading OS 2.5. Is this what you experienced?
Graham

Posted : 14/10/2018 5:15 pm
Topic starter

Thanks, i already contacted my Dealer.
One Question: How do i perform a reset?
Is a reset done by updating the Firmware? And will this be done by „updating“ from 2.5 to 2.5?
Tranks again for your Support, i keep you informed..
Regards
Chris

Posted : 15/10/2018 8:42 am
Stefan

There is a button in the Utilty -> System area which also to initialize everything. That might help.

Posted : 15/10/2018 10:17 am
Topic starter

Thanks.
I did this Twice. If That is the reset, then my Montage has an issue..:(

Posted : 15/10/2018 11:07 am
Stefan

Yes, I would agree. I guess it is some repair center for it as BM also proposed. Sad but happens.

Posted : 15/10/2018 11:25 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

The "Initialize All" feature is not the same as re-installing firmware. Since this seemed to work for someone else - it may be something to try. Installing the same version over your current one should do no harm assuming you have everything on the instrument (user content) backed up -- as you must have if you're already doing full factory inits.

Posted : 15/10/2018 2:46 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us