3 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Jack
Topic starter

Hi I have some nice sounds on my DX7 2FD,I am trying to use it on montage,
1)it is possible to use it on Montage
2)I have it on my floppy disk unfortunately it is not reading the files
3)if anyone know how transfer the DX7 2FD file to computer and use it on Montage Please help me ,if you can

Posted : 09/02/2018 3:11 pm
Bad Mister

1)it is possible to use it on Montage
2)I have it on my floppy disk unfortunately it is not reading the files
3)if anyone know how transfer the DX7 2FD file to computer and use it on Montage Please help me ,if you can

Yes, MONTAGE can read the basic FM programs from the DX7mkIIFD, there is a Web based “FM CONVERTER” app inches away from this typing... click on the heading APPS right after FORUM... Find the “FM CONVERTER”

How it works is you simply drag’n’drop your DX/TX six Operator sysex Files to the converter and gives you back a file you can load to MONTAGE.
The DX data needs to be in System Exclusive (Bulk Dump) format... or in .DXC File format

The DX7IIFD had a function to generate a Bulk Dump (sysex) in sets of 32. 1-32, or 33-64.

I believe you can drag’n’drop 20 Sysex Files that contain 32 DX Voices each, to create 640 MONTAGE Single Part Performances. Couldn’t be easier.

You will need to figure out how to create bulk dumps of your DXIIFD data.
It’s easy enough once you’ve loaded sounds into the DX... the Bulk Dump routine can be captured by any computer MIDI Recorder or Utility.

It’s scary hearing those sounds again... they literally “jump” out at you. Careful it can be jarring at how close and in-your-face they feel. They are, of course, completely naked, no effects, ... just like they were back in the day. Great starting points for programming in the Motion Control Synthesis Engine!

Posted : 09/02/2018 3:39 pm
 Jack
Topic starter

thank you bad master

Posted : 09/02/2018 9:18 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us