Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

How to load multiple performances if there is only one per X7U file?

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Luis
Topic starter

Hi! I tried sample robot and saved the samples in various X7U files...the problem is that I can only load one performance per X7U file...how can I merge all of them in just one file so they appear all? It also erases the live sets when loading a new X7U file and I need to load more than one performance for only one session...thankyou!

Posted : 18/08/2018 9:55 pm
Stefan

You can also save as library files then import the loaded performance to user.

If I remember correctly, you can even use the x7u file and rename to x7l and then load as a library...

Posted : 19/08/2018 3:09 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

The "best" solution would be for Samplerobot not to pull for having to pay for a helper utility in order to have sensible organization of the Montage format files (X7? files it creates where ? is some other letter). This would entail some simple file management like being able to combine two files into one and only error out if the resources ran out (too many performances meaning above 640, etc).

Right now, unless you buy something - you cannot cleanly/simply solve the issue. However, you can still deal with the slightly messy situation by doing what's been termed as "the library shuffle".

Say you have 8 user files. Each one has one Performance created by a different Samperobot sampling session.

You could promote each of these 8 user files to an empty Library slot (assuming all 8 of your library slots are empty).

Then import all of these Performances (one per library - so you'll import 8 Performances total) into the user area.

Last, you can save this user file X7U and/or save as a library file X7L in order to load all 8 Performances to a library slot.

More than 8 - you keep repeating by creating as many libraries with 8 Performances inside - then you can start loading these libraries and combining them.

What would be "nice" would be the ability to MERGE user files. If your user area has enough unused slots open (equal to or above the number in an X7U file) - then it would be nice to be able to merge an X7L or X7U file into your user area without having to place it first into the library area. For simplicity - something similar to the library import feature - only assume all performances in the X7L or X7U file are marked as import-to-user.

Of course - other more granular import-direct-from-X7L-or-X7U (meaning select less than all) would be nice too. I imagine the simpler-to-code request to merge all performances would cover most bases.

Posted : 20/08/2018 1:58 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us