Notifications
Clear all

How to use the recorder....

20 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
 Dean
Topic starter

To me MIDI is a fast way to work, especially when it comes to writing a new song. I can't always remember what I played when I write something new but I can read enough music from the score editor to how I want to proceed with the next parts. Could probably do it by ear with audio but my hearing isn't the greatest. Plus the other advantages of MIDI like layering, cut and paste, etc....Logic has a smart quantize function that works pretty good and I find myself using it quite a bit.

I've tried the steps you laid out and it records the MIDI just fine but doesn't record the audio even though I can see the audio signal on the channel strip. When I play back, the MIDI information plays the Montage. So my problem appears to be in Logic. Normally with a instrument plugin I would just bounce in place and Logic produces the audio file. When I try to bounce in place the information from Montage it leaves me with two lines the represent where the stereo audio would have gone. Do you have a buddy that uses Logic?;) I'll keep trying.....

One peculiar thing.....when I record to Logic using MIDI, the Super Knob doesn't do anything. I works great if I stay with just the audio and record that way. You guys are trying to wean me off of MIDI aren't you:D

Looking forward to getting thru this learning curve and making great music! Thanks for your help

Posted : 10/06/2016 9:37 pm
Peter
Eminent Member

Phil wrote: I have seen Bert Smorenberg do exactly this on YouTube - starting with one track and then adding successive tracks - its not in English but I definitely hear the word "overdub"

See Bert's own explanation in reply #15 to this thread https://yamahasynth.com/index.php?option=com_easydiscuss&view=post&id=5130&Itemid=851#reply-7639

Posted : 11/06/2016 4:00 pm

how do you delete a song?

Posted : 16/06/2016 3:09 am
Bad Mister

Robby wrote:

how do you delete a song?

Press [UTILITY] > "Contents" > "Data Utility" > your Songs are in the Song folder. Touch the folder to enter it.
You can select a Song and Delete it.

Posted : 16/06/2016 3:31 am

great, thanks. Just got mine so I have a ways to go.

Posted : 16/06/2016 11:45 am
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us