Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Is it possible to change my email address for these forums?

14 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
 John
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I want to change the email address associated with my forum account but can’t see an option to do so.

I can change other details and my password but not my email address

Is there any way to accomplish this?

Posted : 05/08/2023 3:26 pm
New Member Guest

I suggest you use the 'Contact Us' link at the bottom right of this page and direct your question to Yamaha.

On the other hand you could always just create a new account using the new email address.

Posted : 05/08/2023 4:22 pm
 John
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Thanks for the reply. I would rather keep my account history so I will probably ask Yamaha unless anyone else has done this sort of thing and knows of another way πŸ™‚

Posted : 05/08/2023 5:52 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

I'm not sure if this works or not, but when I go here:

https://shop.usa.yamaha.com/en/customer/account/edit/

... I see "Change Email" with a checkbox to the left. It disappears after a second or two but if I click the checkbox (quickly, before it goes away) I will see options to change my email and those options do not time out.

I'm also not sure if your purchase history account and message board account are the same - but I assume they are given how there is a portal to the order history from here (under "My Account" ) and I didn't have to relogin.

Posted : 05/08/2023 6:19 pm
 John
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Thanks. I will check it out tomorrow as I don’t want to mess around when I’m having a Saturday night drink πŸ™‚

Why is nothing every easy with Yamaha !!!

Posted : 05/08/2023 7:14 pm
 John
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Well I tried that link and it did allow me to click the change email address.

I changed the email address and entered my password to confirm and then all hell let loose...

It said there was no account with that combination.

So I tried to log in with the new email address and it didn't recognise it

Then I tried to log in with my old details and it made me go through a change of password which I did but now it won't let me past the zip/postal code because it keeps saying that my CORRECT UK postcode in "not a proper code".

Yamaha are absolutely useless at software and I've just about had enough with them.

Posted : 06/08/2023 7:13 am
 John
Estimable Member
Topic starter

It has let me post on here but I have no idea what account details it is using. I'm still on the account details with the link Jason gave me and can't get out of that page.

Posted : 06/08/2023 7:14 am
 John
Estimable Member
Topic starter

I had to enter 12345 in the zip code field to get out of it. Utter crap.

Posted : 06/08/2023 7:16 am
Bad Mister

I had to enter 12345 in the zip code field to get out of it. Utter crap.

That’s the proper number of digits for a Zip Code here in the β€˜States. …Probably what happens when you follow the link to sign in for an account with USA.Yamaha.com when you’re actually from the UK.

Just saying, it might be you…

Posted : 06/08/2023 2:58 pm
 John
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Or it could just be the usual garbage web site programming from Yamaha.

Posted : 06/08/2023 5:04 pm
 John

So I've just gone and created myself a new account and it has detected that my country is GB but it still won't accept my post code and keeps telling me that it is invalid.

Posted : 21/10/2023 9:33 am
 John

I don't think it has loaded the attachment I've added to the post above?

Posted : 21/10/2023 9:34 am

Hi, if you haven't found the answer yet, I think you can go to our website https://www.pneda.com/ to make a consultation, there are professional customer service to help you solve any problem you have.

Posted : 23/10/2023 7:56 am
 John
Estimable Member
Topic starter

Everyone, ignore the spam post above. It seems it’s easier for bots to spam this board than it is for us members to get things done πŸ˜‰

Posted : 23/10/2023 3:16 pm
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us