Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Is this what we've been waiting for?

108 Posts
19 Users
0 Likes
Eminent Member

[quotePost id=123257][SHIFT]ing each of these buttons will let you use the 8 under-slider buttons as mute or solo. So 9-16 isn't a shift function as those are already taken by mute and solo.
[/quotePost]

I have a feeling the bright blue controls (faders, part select, maybe even the Superknob) are RGB lights. This could mean that Shift+Solo/Mute could be a permanent mode switch, not a momentary one.

There's a page select left to the faders. The 8 button row also seems to respond to shift and there are two additional related buttons on their left as well.

Maybe the upper section (screen, buttons and knobs) act the way Quick Controls works in Cubase - choose whatever you want them to do. In DAW mode they could actually link to QC in Cubase...

Posted : 21/09/2023 4:40 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

I didn't comment on momentary vs. latching this round - but I agree that both the part select/keyboard control buttons and their shifted counterparts would be latching along with the 1-8 associated buttons.

Before when I couldn't see anything about what the part select/keyboard control buttons were - I was wishing for a way to get around a real problem with effectively using Parts 9-16.

Not that there's still not a solution - just not the wished-for way of using these buttons.

I'd be good with a solution no matter what it looked like to use faders and Part Assign knobs for Parts 9-16 without also selecting these Parts. Buttons aren't necessary for that. We'll see.

Posted : 21/09/2023 10:17 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

The other forum has some speculation on the screen shown of the Montage M in the dark mostly featuring the light show. It looks to me nearly identical to the Edit - Part X - Common screen with the same general layout. I think I can see a "C" for center next to the left most parameter which is probably volume. The graph on the right side with the black background looks like the default Velocity Offset/Depth graph on this Montage (classic) common screen.

Now focusing in on the far left menu tabs - on this same screen we have 2 sub-menu tabs (the 2nd row). Both FM-X and AWM screens in Montage classic have this same count of 2 sub-menus. In all honesty the picture quality is good enough to tell definitively, but it looks like 3-4 sub-menus. If this is AWM2 or FM-X then (and there are going to be a lot of "ifs" here) if there are 1-2 new sub-menus then there's new features for our old engines. Certainly they could flatten the interface some and spread things out and get more tabs that way - but I kind of favor the wish that there's more and different options. And ... if there are 3-4 sub-menu tabs here and this isn't AWM2 or FM-X then that means the new engine has different things.

I'm much less certain about this menu tab observation - so take it as idle speculation.

While I'm here ... There's also a comment on the other board about the "Come Hang With Us" section of yamahasynth.com (main page, scroll down not too far). The assertion was that this was new. It's not - it's at least 4 years old. For me every time I search for "montage" in a search engine - the page with the white montage picture shows up as one of the top hits and this has been happening for a long time.

Posted : 22/09/2023 11:59 pm
Page 8 / 8
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us