Notifications
Clear all

Live Set Change - Bosendorfer

2 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Scott
Topic starter

Just loaded the Bosendorfer Grand, a lovely sample set, best I've ever heard.

======================

When loading this Library, the OS appears to have generated a new, bonus Live Set / Bank location, that is:

From the factory V1.10 install, the Montage has one Preset Bank and eight User Banks, of which each have sixteen Pages and sixteen Performances per Page.

The Bosendorfer Grand now resides in its own Bosendorfer Bank, along with sixteen more Pages and sixteen Performances per page (most blank).

Was a new, ninth 'User' Bank created in memory by loading this Yamaha-specific Library to preserve the eight available User Banks?

When I loaded the Library file, I figured the OS would first ask something like, "To what User Bank to you want to install this Library file?" but it just 'bang' started loading.

Page 23 of the Reference Manual indicates, "Up to eight Library files (.X7L) read from the USB flash memory device are loaded in the dedicated area in the User memory."

Did Yamaha give us a new, bonus Bank with this promotional load procedure? I seem to remember seeing something along those lines somewhere on the web about how it won't overwrite your current files, but I can't seem to find it now.

Posted : 21/05/2016 5:54 pm
Bad Mister

There are actually three kinds of Live Sets... Preset, User and Library.

When you install a Library it includes the Waveforms, Samples and as many as 640 Performances. The Bosendorfer .X7L Library file installed 16 Performances. 16 of a possible 640. Each Library you install will have its own Live Sets and its own bank of as many as 640 Performances.

You cannot edit a Library while it is installed, you must copy it to USER, make your changes, Save a new Library file... Then re-install the Library overwriting the old data.

Posted : 22/05/2016 3:49 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us