Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Montage 8 vs. Nord Piano 3

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

I am looking to buy a new keyboard and comparing between the Montage 8 and the Nord Paino 3. I am concerned that the Montage 8 will not have a proper piano feel which is one of my important factors for selecting my new keyboard.

Posted : 30/05/2016 5:48 pm
 Phil
Eminent Member

The only way to really tell is to play one as your definition of proper piano feel could be very different from someone else's especially if it's the most important aspect of the instrument for you. Certainly looking at the specs of the 2 machines there is no comparison between the limited abilities of the nord and what the montage can do. But then again one is just a keyboard the other a synthesiser - they are probably aimed at different markets.

Posted : 30/05/2016 6:13 pm
Topic starter

Thanks, if the Montage 8 has a good piano feel and the keys are not too light keys I would go for it , given the options included and the variety of things that can be done with this keyboard.

Posted : 30/05/2016 7:09 pm
 Sam

Karim wrote:

I am looking to buy a new keyboard and comparing between the Montage 8 and the Nord Paino 3. I am concerned that the Montage 8 will not have a proper piano feel which is one of my important factors for selecting my new keyboard.

I once had a chance to play a Steinway concert grand.It felt horrible! I was used to playing on an old upright.

Our perception of what is a "proper" piano keyboard feel is completely subjective and trained by what we're used to. Even the sound produced influences what we feel about the mechanical reaction of the keys.

For example, I have a Casio WK-8000. No weighted action at all. Yet, when I have it on the piano voice it 'feels' as if the keys have a light, weighted action... of course a purely psychological effect, since when I use an organ sound, that impression goes away.

Same with the Nord Piano 3 vs the Montage; you'll get used to either one after just a few days/weeks, then, if using the other one, you'll wonder why it feels inferior.

What should be looked at is the OVERALL capability of the instrument, not just a specific attribute.

Posted : 31/05/2016 8:48 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us