Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Performance: SparkleDegree Full - Crackling?

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Scott
Topic starter

I know it's possible to overdrive things inside synths when programming, would like a check here please.

Could someone pull up SparkleDegree Full and check if this patch crackles?

Live Set > Preset [Bank] > Best of MONTAGE 2 [Page] > SparkleDegree Full

Sounds like it's maybe gain staging on Part 1, mostly on the right-side pan.

Master Volume anywhere over 50%, hit a low note octave under the Scene buttons.

Can someone confirm please? Just want to make sure I don't have an issue.

Posted : 30/05/2016 1:50 pm
Joel
 Joel
Honorable Member

Hi, for me nothing bad sound to me on my Montage 7, here a mp3 test, record from Montage usb, i used a Yamaha HS80m as Monitor and test also on HDH MT220 Yamaha Headphone, good for me :

http://www.moessieurs.com/videos/SparkleDegree%20Full.mp3

Tell us if it's same for you.

Posted : 30/05/2016 5:07 pm
Scott
Topic starter

I can hear it in your mp3.

Listen with good headsets, cranked, right side (only, I think), between 22 and 23 seconds. Some faint, high pitched, digital crackling, right? It's the same sound I get on mine.

Was thinking maybe it was my system (wouldn't be the first time), but I tried it out of the USB, headphone, and analog outs, all the same.

I listened to your mp3 on a set of Bose and Sony headsets, played on two different computers straight out of both audio cards. Still there.

Anyone else hear it, or do I have a bad patch cord in my head?

Doesn't bother me if it's just a bad patch, I know the guys are in a hurry. Just want to make sure it's not my new baby!

Posted : 30/05/2016 8:05 pm
Scott
Topic starter

Zeroing in on it.

The crackling goes away if you turn off the MOTION SEQ ON/OFF button (it's On by default when you bring up the patch).

Edit: Not up on the Motion Sequencer, but it's definitely something going on in Part 1, Lane 2.

Posted : 30/05/2016 8:43 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us