Montage and komplete kontrol MK2. Screwy MIDI

18 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Tom
Trusted Member
Topic starter

@ Phil
Me thinks you were making a Funny 'Normal MIDI' LOL...

Well yes the term is subjective.
But 'Normal MIDI' is what we all were used to Prior to the Montage. Now We have NI screwing with What was 'Normal MIDI'.
3 to 5 Years from Now. 'Normal MIDI'. Will probably mean something completely Different to everyone.
OR
There will be no. 'Normal MIDI' anymore. Most Likely.

Posted : 03/05/2018 3:09 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

You don't need the MK2 connected to the DIN connector if USB works for you. You can route MIDI using the DAW back to Montage and/or the MOXF.

My suggestion is to try something that's likely not the mode of operation covered in the manual as a shotgun test if you're really that bent out of shape over buying what NI says you need to make the MK2 work for standalone. If you're not that bent out of shape and still want to use that mode, then buy what you need for officially "sanctioned" use of the equipment.

Posted : 03/05/2018 3:38 pm
 Tom
Trusted Member
Topic starter

In case you haven't noticed

When I see something Wrong or Undisclosed. I tend to raise a little hell about it.
Then I just go on about my life. Once I get it off my chest....... Just have to Vent.

Yes I know how to route the midi via the daw.
And I am no longer. Bent about this(Never Was). It is what it is. And there is no substitute for the Kontrol MK2.

Posted : 03/05/2018 4:09 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us