Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Montage save to thumb drive ( back up Montage )

5 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Trying to save performances to thumb drive on my Montage 8 version 2.0. It will give options to save user files, performances or libraries but not “ back up Montage” as all the helpful videos describe . Help please ?
Thank you
Carla

Posted : 27/05/2020 4:01 pm
Topic starter

Correction.... it’s the version before 2.0

Posted : 27/05/2020 4:08 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

When you download the latest "new features" document from the Montage downloads section (montage_en_nf_g0.pdf) a.k.a. "MONTAGE 6/7/8 Supplementary Manual" - located here for the USA: https://usa.yamaha.com/products/music_production/synthesizers/montage/downloads.html

... you'll find a search for "backup" shows Firmware v1.50 adds this feature.

Page 73

New Functions in MONTAGE Version 1.50
• You can now save/load backup files in which the entire User Memory data (including Songs and Libraries) is stored.

Pages 89-90 show the screens for loading or saving.

If your firmware version is older than v1.50 - then you won't see this feature and you'll also be missing out on a truckload of features.

Posted : 27/05/2020 6:04 pm
Topic starter

Thank you Jason. That’s why I’m trying to back up my Montage so I can upload newest version.
I really appreciate your help.
Thank you again !?

Posted : 27/05/2020 10:11 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

You'll need to save off everything the old fashion way.

Save your user area with an X7U file.

If you have libraries you no longer have the original X7L files you used to load - then save off your libraries too. Assuming your firmware is v1.10 or later - you will have "Library Import" which allows copying the all of the contents in your library to your user area. You're going to want to save your user area first, then initialize your user area (only the user area). Then, with a clean user area, import the entire library to the user area. Then save a library file (from user).

If you have songs or other data on your Montage - you'll need to get these another way. Montage connect facilitates this - but I'm not sure anymore what the version vs. capability breakdown is. It'd be easier to save off files using a thumb drive.

Posted : 28/05/2020 7:15 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us