Clear all

Montage USB interface has noise

6 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Mr. Spock
Eminent Member
Topic starter

This is my 2nd Montage and both have this problem .

The Montage USB interface has Super Feedback loud noises. Yes in the classic way you can hear your mouse scrolling .

I've isolated it down to the usb connection in back of the Montage .
Why is this so , it's really really loud and gets in the way of Montage beutiful sound ?
I have other usb interfaces like my allen and heath DB4 4 ch usb mixer and it's has no issue .

Can anyone help me with this issue which is probably something to do with ground but everything points to the usb connection on back of the Montage as the culprit but I could be wrong .

Posted : 11/11/2016 11:38 pm
Bad Mister

It's a ground issue. Without more information about your setup, it would be difficult for anyone to resolve it online. Where are you located? How are you connected and to what devices. Ground is always a differential between multiple items in a setup,.

Posted : 12/11/2016 1:18 am
Mr. Spock
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Ok , I think it's pretty simple but I have

Montage USB to host out to usb in iMac
going into Cubase 8.5 ( showing up perfect)
I have 1/4 stereo cables going from Montage stereo out into Allen&Heath DB4 digital mixer .
I'm not even using audio from Montage or Cubase it's just for midi purposes at this time until I grow further .
When I take the USB cable out of the back of Montage the feedback goes away .

Posted : 12/11/2016 2:05 am
Bad Mister

The differential is gone - the noise would also go away if you unplugged your speakers (but that does not solve the problem of when you have them all connected!) It is the combination of gear. Where are you located? 100V, 120V, 220V? The description "super feedback" is a bit worrisome also... what does that mean, can you give a better description, please. Howling? Buzzing? Humming? Zinging? are better descriptions than "super feedback" unless it sounds like a distortion guitar πŸ™‚
Ground issue solutions vary depending on where in the world you are... Solutions can be simple but not always.

Posted : 12/11/2016 2:56 am
Mr. Spock
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Sorry for bad description I just meant it's loud ill change the title .
I'm in US East so I guess 120v
It's a loud humming with some random distortion interferance , sound like an old am transistor radio type hum if that makes sence
and I can hear the mouse movement from my computer in it .

Posted : 12/11/2016 5:48 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

You can try a powered usb hub. Try sharing the same outlet between the hub and Montage. Then try sharing the same outlet between the hub and the iMac.

Posted : 12/11/2016 6:51 am
Share:

Β© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved. Β Β  Terms of UseΒ |Β Privacy PolicyΒ |Β Contact Us