Clear all

MONTAGE W/ DELL REMOTE MULTI-TOUCH SCREEN PART 3 Setup

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
david
Reputable Member
Topic starter

I labeled all of the connections so you can freeze the video to make notes.

ALL DEVICES ARE USB V2.0 however the Samsung 32 gig thumb drive is USB V3.0 and it works fine.

The beauty of the 7-port hub is that it provides many USB options for convenience connections and multiple thumb drives as well as serving the data transfer for both the display and the touch screen communication.

When using a multi-port self-powered hub as demonstrated here (a self-powered hub is required as not to cause too much power draw from the Montage) be aware not to connect so many UBS devices that cause the total power rating of the hub to be exceeded. Just check the device specs. for that rating. The sum of the power draw from each of the connected devices shall not exceed the total hub rating. DO NOT connect a USB hair dryer! 😉

You can use multiple thumb drives and Montage will recognize them all if they are compatible. I've been powering that LED light with no issues however I am not charging anything else at that hub. If you overload the hub maybe it shuts off but I don't really know.

One important last step is to calibrate the screen like you would do normally on the Montage but now that the Dell is connected you'll need to run the process again. Use the hot key combination [Utility] + [ Part Common]. When the Dell screen is on the Montage screen will be off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Uch3cKD9O0&feature=em-upload_owner

Posted : 19/07/2017 1:39 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us