Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

New budget priced Yamaha Montage M

19 Posts
8 Users
0 Likes
Andrew

@Bill. I'd previously presumed you deleted all your old posts and then changed your name to "Andrew" to troll. For reasons I couldn't fathom.

Now I think I know why you changed your name.

It will, no doubt, fill you with great joy to learn that I've recently had all my posts deleted.

Not by me. They were there one moment, gone the next.

It turns out that this is how Yamaha's forum mod software "deletes" users. They tried to make me gone. Just like they tried to make you gone.

My account is still active, but nothing in it. Likely, I presume, the same thing that happened to you. The deletion of account doesn't seem to succeed, only the deletion of content.

But Bill, if you're going to insist on being called an Andrew, at least stop writing like a William.

Posted : 11/11/2023 9:33 pm
thomas
Estimable Member

Curious - talking about a budget version of the new Montage M - well, does anyone agree that the basics behind Montage could be a "back to the future" version of the Motif ES with a DX7 and AN1x expansion board? They both offer three synth engines, FM, Analog and samples. Granted, The Montage is worlds ahead with computer/sound integration, memory, tons more polyhony, motion control, etc... but the building blocks are essentially the same.

Posted : 13/11/2023 4:31 pm
Dragos
Eminent Member

[quotePost id=124473]Curious - talking about a budget version of the new Montage M - well, does anyone agree that the basics behind Montage could be a "back to the future" version of the Motif ES with a DX7 and AN1x expansion board?[/quotePost]
There was nothing budget about the Motif ES, it was the flagship of its time.
Montage M is in a way an integrated version of early Motif generations + some expansion boards.

Posted : 13/11/2023 4:35 pm
Jason
Illustrious Member

Sure, now we're not talking about the budget line, but ...

If you wanted to go back in time, you could say that the Montage M approaches what the EX series was (EX5/EX5R/EX7) although with less engines albeit the Montage M is less limited in terms of DSP resources and has other deeper features for the engines that do exist. The EX series was the last time, prior to the initial Montage release, that the flagship synth included more than AWM without additional expansions.

It would be interesting if the "white" edition of the Montage M was actually a blue edition that added FDSP, VL, and sampling. That would be a true reprise.

Posted : 13/11/2023 6:10 pm
Page 2 / 2
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us