Clear all

Part Output Assign Left/Right

4 Posts
2 Users
0 Likes
 Sean
Eminent Member
Topic starter

I have a drum part routed to Assign Left/Right. I've noticed that this master volume slider on the montage does not control the volume of this part i.e the drums stay at a fixed volume. Moving the physical master volume slider affects the volume of the other parts, routed to Main L&R.

Was this always the case or is it something new with version 3.0?

Posted : 18/10/2019 10:07 pm
Bad Mister

Always the case. This is typical on any mixer (digital or analog) when a channel is routed to an assignable output, it is removed from the Main (System) Output. The volume is controlled by the individual components making up the channel.

The principal Drums in a MONTAGE DrumKit are located in the two octaves between C1~ B2.

- BD = C1
- SD = D1
- HH Close = F#1 (Closed)
- HH Pedal = G#1 (Pedal)
- HH Open = A#1 (Open)
- Low Tom = A1
- Hi Tom = D2
- Crash = C#2

Each of these drums has an individual volume control adjustable in real-time.

When you route a Part to any of the assignable outputs (be it the Analog AssignL&R, or any of the individual USB Outs 1-30, the Part is removed from the Main (system) Output and is controlled by its individual Volume Control.

The MONTAGE has an Audio Signal Flow diagram that will show how items reach the outputs.

Extra Credit:
The following tutorial article will give you insight into manipulating Drum Kits and improve on your ability to mix Drums (amomg other things)

”Smooth Guitar” — A Motif XF Conversion

Posted : 18/10/2019 10:28 pm
 Sean
Eminent Member
Topic starter

Thanks BM, I hadn't noticed it before. I've always adjusted the volume from my mixer but recently was trying to turn the whole montage down during a rehearsal and noticed the drums were staying at the same level.

I will run through that tutorial.

Thanks

Posted : 18/10/2019 10:54 pm
Bad Mister

Extra, Extra Credit

Link — ”Rule the Earth” - A Motif XF Conversion

This one has more to do with assigning Drums to assignable outputs. Enjoy!

Posted : 19/10/2019 12:13 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us