Synth Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Use Montage effects with an electric guitar

5 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Does the Montage OS v 3.0 Line IN handle the Montage effects? In other words, if I plug a guitar in Audio input, can I use, play the Montage effects? Thank you!

Posted : 19/10/2019 6:00 am
Stefan

Absolutely, you can! There are even two dedicated insert effects and equalizer only for the audio in. Go to the performance main screen, select edit, on the left select the audio-in tab and you can configure the insert effects and eqs dedicated to the audio in. And then you can send parts of that signal to the main effects. Also note that since a recent firmware update you can either have the audio-in effects setting specific for a performance or keep them global, so that they don't change with the performance.

This article describes more: https://www.yamahasynth.com/ask-a-question/a-d-input-instrument-routing-to-fx-how-do-you-run-an-electric-guitar-through-the-montage-effects-and-control-it

Also there is a YouTube link there...

Posted : 19/10/2019 7:06 am
Topic starter

Can one or more audio tracks be recorded in Montage sequencer as in MO XS using the internal effects? Thank you!

Posted : 22/10/2019 1:36 am
Topic starter

Also if there is a dedicated button or switch where I can assign with a single touch the keyboard split? I use to control thru MIDI the Genos and Kork Pa 4x arrangers and I have to swtich offen from full keyboard to split keyboard! Thank you!

Posted : 22/10/2019 1:47 am
Bad Mister

Can one or more audio tracks be recorded in Montage sequencer as in MO XS using the internal effects? Thank you!

No, the MONTAGE cannot record multiple audio track to its sequencer. It has the ability to record 32 audio bus Outputs to a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) software, like Cubase. Where the Motif XS had 16 bus audio Outputs via FireWire, the MONTAGE has twice as many via USB.

Like the Motif XS, the MONTAGE can load audio for playback. It also can record a stereo .wav file (44.qkHz/24-bit) directly to a USB stick.

Also if there is a dedicated button or switch where I can assign with a single touch the keyboard split? I use to control thru MIDI the Genos and Kork Pa 4x arrangers and I have to swtich offen from full keyboard to split keyboard!

You can setup your Performance so that with a single button you can switch between full Keyboard and Split Keyboard.

This can include control over both internal and external sounds separately and in combination.

Posted : 22/10/2019 4:19 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us