Notifications
Clear all

Setting up Foot Pedals

7 Posts
4 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter

Hi All,

I have 3 pedals total for montage and I am newer so I'm not sure how to set them up. I have a sustain and an FC 7 which work perfectly. I also purchased an Electro-Harmonix Expression Pedal and when I plug that into the Montage I am not getting any response at all.

Any help would be appreciated!

Posted : 29/06/2016 12:01 am
Bad Mister

Please do not use just any pedal with your Montage, as you see they don't work.
See page 11-12 of your Owner's Manual for the recommended pedals.

Posted : 29/06/2016 2:49 am
Topic starter

I'm confused. Why would only specific pedals work? I have an m-audio sustain pedal that I'm using (one not listed in the manual) and the results are fine.

Posted : 29/06/2016 2:41 pm
Topic starter

Can anyone help?

Posted : 02/07/2016 1:04 am
Karl
 Karl
Eminent Member

As Bad Mister indicated, you need to use Yamaha pedals. I had to replace my expression and volume pedals with the FC7, and the sustain pedal with the Yamaha sustain.

Why? The other brands don't work!

The only exceptions are momentary and latch pedals for the assignable jack. Yamaha doesn't manufacture those.

Cheers.

Posted : 02/07/2016 2:39 am
Topic starter

I hope yamaha can answer the reason to this.. It doesn't seem fair.

Posted : 02/07/2016 3:43 pm
Gary
 Gary
Eminent Member

I'm using an M-Gear sustain pedal with no problem with the Montage. I had tried my old Ensoniq exp. pedal which sort of worked... the Dunlop Volume X I use with my guitar works as well, but the FC7 is super smooth and reliable, no reason not to get this, esp at it's much friendlier price point.

Posted : 02/07/2016 3:59 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us