Clear all

Touch Screen - de-bounce

10 Posts
7 Users
0 Likes
 gabi
Topic starter

Hi,
when i type some words (like for category search) many times i get some letters twice.
Does any one has the same issue?

I have done several times the Touch-Panel calibration without any change.
This is very unhandy if i want to search quickly a sound/performance during a gig.

Posted : 16/06/2019 7:52 pm
Stefan

Hi, I have the same problem and reported that a long time ago here in the forum. I believe it should be relatively easy to fix in software. But no fix, yet - at least for the Montage. The MODX does not have that problem. So I hope that it could be in a future OS Update - if the Montage will ever get another update.

Posted : 16/06/2019 8:52 pm

Do you still have the protective plastic on the screen?

Posted : 17/06/2019 5:23 am
Stefan

No, I removed it directly after I bought it - about 2.5 years ago. Note that all Montages I tried in the shop had the same problem. All MODXs I tried did not have it.

Posted : 17/06/2019 7:42 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

"Bounce" could be more than unhandy.

As an example: considering there is only one way to turn keyboard control on/off (I do not believe there is any button-press shortcut for this. not documented) - and use of keyboard control is one of the workarounds to address different PART(s) when using external MIDI controllers with limited transmit zones - then "bounce" could affect live playing in those cases where touchscreen is the only method to select a feature. You press the touchscreen "button" and nothing happens because it selected, "bounced", then de-selected the "button".

Posted : 17/06/2019 11:51 am

I can't be positive but when i had my Montage i noticed this behavior as well , when i used a external touch screen it never happened. What i figured out is that the Montage ships with a plastic film over the screen which normally most remove right away. Under that is a thicker non-removable plastic film over the screen and it is kind of loose fitting i think this is what is causing the double touches.

Posted : 17/06/2019 12:03 pm
 greg

Yup, mine too. About 2.5 years old 🙁
I went to a store and all the new Montage & MODX’s were just fine. Makes me think Yamaha May have had a bad lot.

Posted : 24/09/2019 10:39 am

Hi all,

I have the same problem on a May 2017 Montage 6. Is there any way to solve that, besides replacing the display assembly?. As a programmer myself, a debounce could be as simple as not permitting consecutive touches for a period of time (milliseconds), which even could be user adjustable so people who uses the display very fast would not be affected. It could be also user-enabled, so for people without touch problems it should work exactly as it did before.

Please, YAMAHA, give us a solution!

Thanks!

Jose

Posted : 25/10/2019 11:07 am

I have added a new idea on Ideascale for this problem:

Ideascale Touch Screen Debounce Idea

Please, upvote it if you think this is a useful idea.

Thanks!

Jose

Posted : 27/10/2019 6:17 pm
Stefan

Hi, I did upvote it. But I don't have that much hope that something would be happening: This apparently only affects a small batch of Montages, probably the earlier ones. I guess it is a hardware problem after all. It does not affect my MODX, for example. I also played a Montage in a store which did not have that. Also other users report that they do not see it on the Montage. I can live with it, although I of course would like to see this addressed.

Posted : 27/10/2019 8:16 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us