Clear all

Please Reboot ... - Error or Informational Message

1 Posts
1 Users
0 Likes
Jason
Illustrious Member
Topic starter

I saw this message on Montage. Lately I've been driving Montage with a MIDI controller - so I'm not in front of Montage to see its messages in real-time. Not quite sure when this one appeared. I don't think the MIDI connection has much to do with it - but it is there. MIDI in of Montage connected to MIDI out of a Roland RD-2000 with the Roland sending MIDI only on channel 1. I've been using the iPad between to forward messages - so Montage is in USB (not MIDI) I/O mode and multi-channel at the moment.

Here's another thread of someone seeing this on a MODX:

https://yamahamusicians.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13596

Owner's Manual Documentation:

LCD Indication: "Please reboot to maintain internal memory."
Description: Please reboot this synthesizer to restore the internal memory

Kind of a definition like Q: "define apple sauce". A: "This is sauce from apples."

My question would be - is there a better "behind the curtains" reason why this message shows? And what is the consequence of not rebooting - what stands to be lost from "internal memory"? Certainly not the edit buffer since those sorts of things go away from a reboot. That would leave some parts of Library and/or User memory.

First time I've seen this message. I haven't done anything recent in terms of configuration that's different (as far as firmware used, libraries loaded, user content saved, etc).

Posted : 16/06/2019 3:16 am
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us