Notifications
Clear all

Turn off keyboard transmit channel?

37 Posts
6 Users
0 Likes
Bad Mister

Andrea wrote:

Jason, BadMister did you check the video that I posted? What do you think about?
Thanks.
best regards

Sorry, I watched the video... doesn't help... and this being NAMM week, I will not have time to do anything further with this until some time next week, sorry.

Posted : 17/01/2017 8:01 pm
Trusted Member

/quote]Sorry, I watched the video... doesn't help... and this being NAMM week, I will not have time to do anything further with this until some time next week, sorry.

OK BadMister thanks, I wait when you have time....did you see also that I've attached my montage user backup?
Will it be any news about montage in NAMM?
Best regards

Posted : 17/01/2017 8:31 pm
Estimable Member

Help, I'm going crazy here :p

BM, thanks for the help, but the montage does things that I just don't understand... It's probeably me, but maybe you can help explain?

So, I have the Virus hooked up and it's in multi mode, so receives on every channel (but I only need ch1 because all my sounds are programmed to that, Multi mode is needed because i want to layer on the virus). I have the montage set to transmit on single channel (2). On every preset on the virus i cleared out ch 2 so there is no sound when I play the montage. so far, so good! I made a performance where I activated a zone on ch1. When I select this performance, everything works correct. I can hear the virus because it receives on ch1. Than, when I switch to another performance (real mother bass) on montage, I can still hear the Virus. And on that performance there is no zone active! And even more weird, when I switch from the previous performance with the zone ch1 active, to a completely different performance, also with no zones active, I don't hear the virus. So whats wrong with the "real mother bass" performance? It does that same thing with other performances too. Seems to be random. 1 part active or multiple parts active... But all of them has not a single zone turned on.
And if I play the "real mother bass" BEFORE I have selected the performance made for the virus, you don't hear the virus!! Hahaha, I just don't get it anymore! I really hope this is just a bug, because I am loosing my mind here. 😀

Thanks for any help!

stef

Posted : 25/01/2017 10:53 am
Estimable Member

Hi Chris!

Tnx for your reply. But I think you're already one step to far. I haven't even begun to merge performances. I just made one performance that only has one part with it's zone activated to control the virus on one midi channel. This works perfectly. But when I just switch in LIVE SET mode between performances, I hear the Virus and sometimes I don't when playing a performance. All the other performances have their zones turned off. I've been trying to find some sort of pattern in it, but I can't find it. I thought maybe it does it only in the performances with only 1 part, but no, it does the same thing with other multi-part performances.

Hopefully BM knows the answer. Tnx again!

Regards,

stef

Posted : 26/01/2017 12:13 am
Jason
Illustrious Member

Thus far, two users who are apparently doing valid configurations have reported similar results with respect to unexpected MIDI channel messages from a previous user performance's zone settings. Once the dust has settled on NAMM - perhaps BM can try to reproduce on his 1.2 firmware keyboard if that has not already been accomplished. Eventually, the same users with problems can retry using the newer firmware.

Although one user has had other MIDI "programming errrors" in the past - the latest information I do not see any invalid or wrong on the surface (in terms of settings/programming). The results do look incorrect. I would like to see the MIDI messages sent by Montage using MIDI-OX or similar MIDI monitoring application.

Posted : 26/01/2017 7:25 pm
Bad Mister

Stefan wrote:

Hi Chris!

Tnx for your reply. But I think you're already one step to far. I haven't even begun to merge performances. I just made one performance that only has one part with it's zone activated to control the virus on one midi channel. This works perfectly. But when I just switch in LIVE SET mode between performances, I hear the Virus and sometimes I don't when playing a performance. All the other performances have their zones turned off. I've been trying to find some sort of pattern in it, but I can't find it. I thought maybe it does it only in the performances with only 1 part, but no, it does the same thing with other multi-part performances.

Hopefully BM knows the answer. Tnx again!

Regards,

stef

We are currently working on an article to help demystify the Zone Master mode. It is really very simple match the Transmit Channel of the controlling keyboard to the Receive Channel of the controlled tone generator. But can get rather complex depending on what else you are attempting to accomplish.

When you seek to have the master keyboard send a program change to the external module, and then you don't want to trigger it... or you want to setup some esoteric function....this is when a strong understanding of the basics can definitely help. Or if you are attempting to combine internal and externally devices together while playing each from the other keyboard... if you have not accepted the basic rules you can quickly place yourself in head-scratching mode.

While the article will concentrate on the basics, once they are understood you should be able to branch out and get creative.

First rule: the Montage when in ZONE MASTER On, can transmit and receive on eight MIDI Channels simultaneously from its Performances.
Because most people have never had a keyboard that works like this, you will often see the rather obvious statement, that 'Montage is not like my other keyboards!' No kidding! 🙂 that's what we've been trying to tell you.
It takes a minute but is very much just an extension of matching Transmit/Receive, just match the channels and think through what you need to accomplish.

Posted : 26/01/2017 9:03 pm
Trusted Member

Hi Bedmister did you time to fast check to the file and video that I've attached? Why montage behave in this strange way? I can't find any cause of it... :--(

Posted : 31/01/2017 6:31 pm
Page 3 / 3
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us