Notifications
Clear all

Updating montage

4 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
 Imro
Topic starter

Ive updated the montage straight from 1.02 to 1.11 and also installed the Bosendorfer.
Some of the preset keep hanging while doing sss I have to switch Back to stop it.
And the Bosendorfer is less crisp then the S7 or other piano preset Sounds.
I'm wondering if doing the jump from 1.02 to 1.11 was a good idea and if It wasn't better
to installed 1.10 first cause something glitches to the level where I crinch my teeths.

(mistook 1.11 for 1.20 which came up today I gave earlier)

Posted : 06/09/2016 7:21 am
Rod
 Rod
Estimable Member

Hello imro - as I understand these things, each update runs from square one and does/checks all the previous updates, so it shouldn't make any difference. I too, get the occasional hang on presets, and need to switch back to stop it, but this happens pretty well with all synths - the Tyros does it all the time - so I think it's normal. The Bosendorfer is inherently a less 'crisp' sound, so I don't think that's a glitch - could be your speakers aren't entirely up to the demands of the Montage? Mine certainly aren't, but I have to live with that or risk divorce ... you could try re-setting the touch response to 'Soft' - it made a noticeable difference on mine, but that may be just my playing style.

Posted : 06/09/2016 7:32 am
 Phil
Eminent Member

Imro - is it the same performances that this happens with or doesn't vary? When you say that the preset hangs what exactly do you mean by that? Do you mean that when you select a new performance that the current one continues to play indefinitely?

Posted : 06/09/2016 1:15 pm
 Imro
Topic starter

@Phil no when I selected an performance it played nicely its when I switch over
to a new performance the last performance played repeatedly until I switched to
another performance.

I also see that the version I gave up was not correct in my post, wrote it while
commuting to work this morning checking the version and edited it the update
I did was 1.11. Now I see that 1.20 is up until today I'll try that one and listen if
the problem still exist.

(Edit)

Its a little over midnight I've updated the montage its sounds better again at
performance level ,Stucked performance seems to do only with FM Landscape
have not discovered why this one.

@Rod
The BosenDorfer has an faint noise which doesn't fit in well when played with
headphone (I have to mention that).I've solved it with EQ to lessen the hiss it
gave.

With 1.11 there was also a problem with when the rotary knobs where turned while
in EQ mode you could hear an annoying stepping noise that also gone with 1.20.

Overal I'm good. 😉 now thank you for the response.

Posted : 06/09/2016 9:07 pm
Share:

© 2024 Yamaha Corporation of America and Yamaha Corporation. All rights reserved.    Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact Us